+ Reply to Thread
Page 1246 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 24674611461196123612441245124612471248125612961346 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,460 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Pure Hell of St Trinian's, 1960..

cecil parker gets cast onto a desert island. he was on an island 3 years earlier in admirable crighton too.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Great St Trinian's Train Robbery, 1966...

Schoolgirls from a Catholic convent school in Altona, Hampshire were used as extras in the film.

George Cole (Flash Harry) and Michael Ripper (Eric the liftman) are the only actors to appear in all four of the original "St. Trinian's" films.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Carry On Cleo, 1964...

The motto "Nihil expector in omnibus" actually translates as "I expect nothing at all." The reason that many have failed to translate it is because Caesar wrongly [but intentionally] says "expectore" which has no meaning in Latin. It is a Latin/English pun/double entendre, like many of the English lines in the movie. It is supposed to be recognized as "No Spitting (expectorate) on the (omni) Bus." There is no need to know the actual Latin to understand it this way, although it is expected that some will be familiar with original. The humor comes from the way the language has changed, changing setting profound into something banal.

That is similar to a warning notice written near the exit of St. Paul's cathedral to advise those leaving to be careful when crossing the road: 'Nisi monumentum requiris, circumspice' ("Unless you are looking for a monument, look about you").

This is a pun on the monumental inscription to Sir Christopher Wren, architect of St. Pauls: Si monumentum requiris, circumspice ("If you seek (his) monument, look about you").

The correct warning in Latin should read: Nisi monumentum quaeris, circumspice te
    Last edited by struth; 29-09-2022 at 18:24.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Carry On Jack, 1963...

The original "Up the Armada" title didn't find favor with the British Board of Film Censors. They declined to allow the title despite that there had actually been an earlier British comedy called Further Up the Creek (1958).

The only ever appearance in a "Carry On" movie for actors Juliet Mills, Cecil Parker and Donald Houston. The film is a parody of Mutiny on the Bounty (1962), in which Percy Herbert (Mr. Angel) also appeared.

Exterior shots where sea was involved were filmed in a pond in Surrey.

Props in the film came from the film H.M.S. Defiant (1962)
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Throw Momma from the Train, 1987..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    That is similar to a warning notice written near the exit of St. Paul's cathedral to advise those leaving to be careful when crossing the road: 'Nisi monumentum requiris, circumspice' ("Unless you are looking for a monument, look about you").

This is a pun on the monumental inscription to Sir Christopher Wren, architect of St. Pauls: Si monumentum requiris, circumspice ("If you seek (his) monument, look about you").

The correct warning in Latin should read: Nisi monumentum quaeris, circumspice te
    Oops! - sorry Grant, in replying to your post on 'Carry on Cleo', I have buggered up your original post. Are you able to repair it?

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Oops! - sorry Grant, in replying to your post on 'Carry on Cleo', I have buggered up your original post. Are you able to repair it?

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
    ive put the title and pic back.. the rest i will leave; its not important really to thread mate.. no worries
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder, Inc., 1960...

The rise and fall of a 1930's Brooklyn crime syndicate, known as Murder Incorporated, led by mobster Lepke Buchalter.

Actor, later producer/executive, Robert Evans turned down the part of Reles, because it was "not the lead role" and Peter Falk was cast instead, becoming Falk's first Oscar nominated performance.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Looper, 2012...

Emily Blunt revealed that she agreed to star in the movie after reading half of the script. She didn't even know what her character was.

The incredibly large "GAT" pistols are actual production firearms, and not just a prop created for the film. It is a Magnum Research BFR (Big Frame Revolver) chambered in .45-.70 caliber Government, a rifle round originally adopted by the U.S. military in 1873. The BFR weighs roughly 4.5 pounds.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread