+ Reply to Thread
Page 934 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 43483488492493293393493593694498410341434 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,340 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Oh, God!, 1977.. stars George Burns, John Denver and Terri Garr.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Breakheart Pass, 1975. Directed by Tom Gries and stars Charles Bronson, Ben Johnson, Richard Crenna, and Jill Ireland.

This was a flop at box office but Bronson got his million plus 10% of the gross.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I saw that last year, it's not great is it?

I've mostly been watching old 'Battlestar Galactica' episodes. There's some clunkers but on the whole it's better than I remembered. Good characters and the stories weren't bad, production values let it down a bit. Still way better than the re-boot.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

What gets me is that the Virgin box insists I enter a pin number if I want to watch it before 2200 hrs.

What's that all about? It was originally shown at tea-time on a Sunday!
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What gets me is that the Virgin box insists I enter a pin number if I want to watch it before 2200 hrs.

What's that all about? It was originally shown at tea-time on a Sunday!
    parental control i guess.. you should be able to remove it in settings somewhere.. or phone them.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I saw that last year, it's not great is it?

I've mostly been watching old 'Battlestar Galactica' episodes. There's some clunkers but on the whole it's better than I remembered. Good characters and the stories weren't bad, production values let it down a bit. Still way better than the re-boot.
    its a bit plodding, and could have been a lot better. i bought it a good while ago when going cheap
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    parental control i guess.. you should be able to remove it in settings somewhere.. or phone them.
    Yes it's parental control but it's a kids TV show, or at worst it's 'family viewing'. It used to be on of a Sunday evening right after Bullseye and I don't need to put a code in to watch old episodes of that.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Yes it's parental control but it's a kids TV show, or at worst it's 'family viewing'. It used to be on of a Sunday evening right after Bullseye and I don't need to put a code in to watch old episodes of that.
    maybe virgin have misclassified it. if its just that one. some of these parental controls are impossible.. amazon comes with it off.. many come on and it can be awkward to switch off with some companies.. some fool thinks its a good idea to make it almost mandatory.
    Like amazon who insist on someone in their 60's or 70's proving by photo id the are older than 18. hence i buy from other companies now as when they make a damn fool error no one will take responsibility for correcting it. we are talking a bottle of whisky here not a gun
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

El Dorado, 1966. directed by Howard Hawks and starring John Wayne and Robert Mitchum.

a classic.

‘Over the Mountains
    Of the Moon,
    Down the Valley of the Shadow,
    Ride, boldly ride,’
    The shade replied,—
    ‘If you seek for Eldorado!’
    Last edited by struth; 18-04-2021 at 15:18.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Blame It on the Bellboy, 1992. directed by Mark Herman and starring Dudley Moore, Bryan Brown, Patsy Kensit, Richard Griffiths, Andreas Katsulas, and Bronson Pinchot.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread