+ Reply to Thread
Page 705 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2056056556957037047057067077157558051205 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Watch Shaun of the Dead again.
    Quite a good semi spoof horror..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Saw that recently. Good fun!
    Was decent
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Adjustment Bureau. 2011.

Stars Matt Damon and Emily Blunt.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Watching 'The Return of The Swamp Thing' 1989 on Horror Channel. This is so corny and bad, it's actually fun to watch! At least it makes no attempt to take itself seriously.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Knightfall Season 2 (Netflix)
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Anthony Mann's 1948 film Noir classic.
    He Walked By Night, starring Richard Basehart.

Superb camera work from John alton.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A bit more up to date now with Gore Verbinski's 2013 Western, The Lone Ranger starring Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp. Score by Hans Zimmer

Good combo humour from the 2 main stars. Action scenes are superb too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Behind Enemy Lines 2001 stars Owen Wilson and Gene Hackman.

Got a lot of bad press from critics etc, although it did well in cinemas and dvd sales.
    Think much of criticism was a bit overblown tbh. Although it was a lot of tripe technically as it was unofficially based on a true event in name only.
    The actual pilot sued and won
    Last edited by struth; 10-12-2019 at 19:34.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Harry Brown. 2009. Stars Michael Caine.

A pensioner vigilante blood fest.

.. You don't these every day lol.. Our own Geoff turned the role down so Caine snapped it up.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame 1982.
    Stars Anthony Hopkins
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread