+ Reply to Thread
Page 1105 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 10560510051055109511031104110511061107111511551205 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,050 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes, you are quite right it was 7%.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

A Scandal in Bohemia, from the 1984 series, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Jeremy Brett stars.

After speaking with the King of Bohemia, Holmes says the great Russian composer Tchaikovsky is "conducting his own works at St James's Hall on Friday." Tchaikovsky conducted in London on four occasions between 1888 and 1893. Given that Conan Doyle published A Scandal in Bohemia in June 1891, we can assume that this episode is set in between 30 March and 11 April 1889 when Tchaikovsky conducted a concert at St James's Hall. The only Friday he would've conducted his orchestra will have been 5 April 1889.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Who is your favourite Sherlock Holmes? Basil Rathbone, Jeremy Brett, Peter Cushing, Robert Stephens, .... ?
    Barry

I'm Grant.

brett is the man, but i did like nicol williamson too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Jeremy Brett for me too, and having read many of the Conan Doyle stories I think the Granada TV series portrays Watson more accurately too.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Ordered the usa region a bluray boxset of 12 monkeys series 1-4. came today, but they sent me 2 boxsets both the same, with 8 discs. my lovely old oppo does reg a so i benefit from getting some nice regional stuff not available in uk, but im a bit flabbered with 2 sets lol.

ps its a great film but ive not seen series yet. anyone seen it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ordered the usa region a bluray boxset of 12 monkeys series 1-4. came today, but they sent me 2 boxsets both the same, with 8 discs. my lovely old oppo does reg a so i benefit from getting some nice regional stuff not available in uk, but im a bit flabbered with 2 sets lol.

ps its a great film but ive not seen series yet. anyone seen it
    Always nice, getting free stuff

The film is one of my favourites, but I didn't know there was a TV series.

This kind of thing is happening a lot now - Couple of years ago we watched a TV series of "Shooter". It was cack. Then last night a new series started, and it's based around the "Bourne" films. It's called "Treadstone" and looks like it might be ok. I've recorded episode 1 and will watch later.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

The Bourne Ultimatum, 2007. directed by Paul Greengrass.

When they were shooting in Tangiers, it was in the middle of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, where no Muslim can eat or drink during the daylight hours. Interviews in the bonus material reveal that several of the crew members were Muslims, and found it exhausting to do the movie while being unable to eat or drink. Matt Damon comments on how he would see them look "longingly at a cup of coffee or a sandwich". To accommodate these crew members, the remaining members of the crew tried to discreetly eat and drink.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Once Upon a Time in the West, 1968. directed by Sergio Leone, and stars Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, Jason Robards and the delectable Claudia Cardinale.
    Almost certainly in my top 10 of all-time greats.

Sergio Leone liked to tell the story of a cinema in Paris, where the film ran uninterrupted for two years. When he visited this theater, he was surrounded by fans who wanted his autograph, as well as the projectionist, who was less than enthusiastic. Leone claimed the projectionist told him "I kill you! The same movie over and over again for two years! And it's so SLOW!"

Al Mulock, who played one of the three gunmen in the opening sequence, committed suicide by jumping from his hotel window in full costume after a day's shooting. Production manager Claudio Mancini and screenwriter Mickey Knox, who were sitting in a room in the hotel, witnessed Mulock's body pass by their window. Knox recalled in an interview that while Mancini put Mulock in his car to drive him to the hospital, director Sergio Leone said to Mancini, "Get the costume! We need the costume!" Mulock, who had appeared as the one-armed bounty hunter in Leone's The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966), was wearing the costume he wore in the movie when he made his fatal leap.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon, 1942.

The fourth of 14 films based on Arthur Conan Doyle's fictional consulting detective Sherlock Holmes starring Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes and Nigel Bruce as Dr. Watson.

During the sequence showing the trials of the new bomb-sight, several different types of aircraft are seen in the stock footage used. A Douglas A-20 (known in RAF service as the "Boston") takes off, then a Bristol Blenheim flies low past the camera, and finally a Vickers Wellington is seen for the rest of the sequence. The interior of the aircraft shown also appears to be a Wellington, recognisable by its unique framework of aluminium triangles.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread