+ Reply to Thread
Page 1373 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 37387312731323136313711372137313741375138314231473 ... LastLast
Results 13,721 to 13,730 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Dead Reckoning, 1947..

In the train, after they discover that Drake is to receive the Medal of Honor, Murdock quips that maybe the president will let Drake "sit on top of his piano". This is a reference to a then-scandalous photo of Harry S. Truman playing piano with a leggy blonde on top that was taken at the National Press Club in 1945. The blonde was Lauren Bacall, later the wife of Humphrey Bogart.

The role of Coral Chandler was originally intended for Rita Hayworth, but she already had been cast by her estranged husband, Orson Welles for the role of Elsa in The Lady from Shanghai (1947). Also, according to Ben Mankiewicz's introduction to this movie on TCM, Ms. Hayworth was engaged in a contract dispute with the studio at the time, and refused the role.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, 2014... 4k bluray.

The film takes place in 2026.

According to Director Matt Reeves, the original draft of the screenplay, which was written before he was hired, was set further in the future, with the apes having obtained the ability to speak almost flawlessly, and Caesar playing a much smaller role. Reeves thought it would be more interesting to explore Caesar's story at an earlier stage, and asked for permission to re-write the script from scratch. His request was granted, on the condition that he deliver the film in time for the scheduled release date.

The orangutan that is featured prominently in the film is named Maurice. This is a reference to Maurice Evans, who portrayed the orangutan Dr. Zaius in Planet of the Apes (1968) and Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970).
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'I hate very ape I see from chimpan - A to Chimpan - Z'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

the 'impsons....and troy(he sleeps with the fishes) mcclure
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    the 'impsons....and troy(he sleeps with the fishes) mcclure
    you may remember him from such films as 'Christmas Ape', and 'Christmas Ape Goes To Summer Camp.'
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Watched an episode of Minder early this morning (the proper ones with Terry, not a fan of them later ones). Ruined by having the sign language midget in the bottom corner What's that all about? Are deaf people nocturnal?

With digital technology as it is, why can't we have a 'dwarf off' button on the remote? We can already select subtitles, which are less of a distraction.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Watched an episode of Minder early this morning (the proper ones with Terry, not a fan of them later ones). Ruined by having the sign language midget in the bottom corner What's that all about? Are deaf people nocturnal?

With digital technology as it is, why can't we have a 'dwarf off' button on the remote? We can already select subtitles, which are less of a distraction.
    didnt know there was a newer version.. bet it crap
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

Yes really annoying when you tape something that's on in the middle of the night and when you come to watch it next day find out it's the version with sign language.

Like you say you can have subtitles on everything now so there's just no need for it.

Minder is always on ITV 4 at ten to five and 4+1 at ten to six weekdays with no signing I don't get in till six so miss the first act. But I've seen them all loads of times anyway.

Ray Daley era is nothing like as good but I do watch them since compared to modern telly they're Shakespeare.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes really annoying when you tape something that's on in the middle of the night and when you come to watch it next day find out it's the version with sign language.

Like you say you can have subtitles on everything now so there's just no need for it.

Minder is always on ITV 4 at ten to five and 4+1 at ten to six weekdays with no signing I don't get in till six so miss the first act. But I've seen them all loads of times anyway.

Ray Daley era is nothing like as good but I do watch them since compared to modern telly they're Shakespeare.
    Ah yes that's him. Ray and 'Uncle Arfur'. Yeah much prefer Terry's ones. Yesterday was a corker, with Terry and a young Brian Cox scrapping on the bus... proper telly
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

since ive got the 4ks out... Shooter, 2007..

According to the movie's script doctor William Goldman, Clint Eastwood, Robert Redford, and Harrison Ford passed on the movie. These men would have fit the literary Bob Lee Swagger's age a bit more closely than Mark Wahlberg (born in 1971). Author Stephen Hunter introduced Swagger as a Vietnam veteran in a 1993 novel, taking place in 1992; however, to accommodate Wahlberg's age, this film has Swagger active in Africa in the 1990s, instead of Vietnam in the 1970s.

Shooter depicts a number of sniper tactics, thanks to the guidance of former US Marine scout sniper Patrick Garrity, who trained Mark Wahlberg for the film. Garrity taught Wahlberg to shoot both left- and right-handed (the actor is left-handed), as he had to switch shooting posture throughout the movie, due to Swagger's sustained injuries. He was also trained to adjust a weapon's scope, judge effects of wind on a shot, do rapid bolt manipulation, and develop special breathing skills. His training included extreme distance shooting (up to 1,100 yards (1.0 km), and the use of camouflage ghillie suits. Fuqua appointed Garrity as the film's military-technical advisor.

In the special features of the DVD, Garrity is interviewed pointing out that the shot fired in the assassination would not have hit the archbishop straight on, as in the film. When a round is fired it will fall from 30 to 40 feet (9 to 10 m) depending on the distance of the shot. To compensate, the round is fired at an arc calibrated by how far the round is going to fall, the distance of the shot, temperature, humidity, and wind. In his interview, Garrity said "At 2 yards (1.8 m), because of the hydrostatic shock that follows a large-caliber, high-velocity round such as the .408 Chey Tac (which is used in the shot), the target would literally be peeled apart and limbs would be flying 200 feet (60 m) away." The exit wound on the archbishop's head would have been too extreme to show in movie theaters. Instead, the movie depicts a much less graphic representation of the assassination.
    Throughout the film, Swagger uses an array of sniper rifles, including the USMC M40A3, the CheyTac Intervention, and the Barrett M82.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread