+ Reply to Thread
Page 622 of 656 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624632 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 6555

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Blackadder 4
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Just watching Jesse Stone 'Night Passage' with Tom Selleck once again. Beautifully made movie, quite dark and atmospheric with some crafty plot twists. Great stuff!

"when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Grant.

blackadder 2
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Hear no Evil, See no Evil 1989
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Thunderball (1964)

Not my favourite Bond by a long way although until Skyfall it was the highest grossing Bond film ever (adjusted for inflation). Does have some great moments, especially the fight scene in the teaser before the opening credits. This was back when Bond didn't have martial arts skills to rival Bruce Lee so he had to work hard if he wanted to kill a man with his bare hands. Much more realistic.

One thing I always find funny is the sequence in the health spa where the baddie catches Bond strapped to the stretching machine and turns it up full to try to kill him. Why would a health spa have a stretching machine that can be set to 'kill' speed? There's even a red 'danger zone' on the dial!

They do the same in Moonraker when he is in the G force machine. Why would it have a setting that is so fast that it would kill the man being tested?

On the other hand it's nonsense like this that is one of the reasons I love Bond films.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * Nelson Pass DCB1 Pre amp / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Grant.

Sunday Matinee is The Running Man 1987, stars big Arnie....

my amazon library
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Watched that the other week. It's entertaining enough.

Also watched a recent one with Arnie where he is the sheriff in a small town, think it was called Last Stand or something similar. Not a bad film. He's not done many bad ones really. Except True Lies and Terminator 2. They sucked.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * Nelson Pass DCB1 Pre amp / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Steve.

You're kidding! I thought T2 was the daddy
    Excuse me, are you the Judean People's Front?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Grant.

t1 was best, but he had to change his image to the good guy after it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Thunderball (1964)

Not my favourite Bond by a long way although until Skyfall it was the highest grossing Bond film ever (adjusted for inflation). Does have some great moments, especially the fight scene in the teaser before the opening credits. This was back when Bond didn't have martial arts skills to rival Bruce Lee so he had to work hard if he wanted to kill a man with his bare hands. Much more realistic.

One thing I always find funny is the sequence in the health spa where the baddie catches Bond strapped to the stretching machine and turns it up full to try to kill him. Why would a health spa have a stretching machine that can be set to 'kill' speed? There's even a red 'danger zone' on the dial!

They do the same in Moonraker when he is in the G force machine. Why would it have a setting that is so fast that it would kill the man being tested?

On the other hand it's nonsense like this that is one of the reasons I love Bond films.
    Would agree with all of that, but Thunderball does have the lovely Claudine Auger as a 'Bond girl'.

Talking of nonsense - if Dr No can crush a solid cast metal ornament with his metal prosthetic hands, why can't he grip the vertical reactor control rods and climb out?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread