+ Reply to Thread
Page 811 of 829 FirstFirst ... 311711761801809810811812813821 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,110 of 8281

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

Not a bad film that, saw it at the pictures when it came out. Good production values.
    Current Lash Up:

*Oppo BDT-101CI* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Grant.

Zulu 1964.. Battle of Rorke's Drift between the British Army and the Zulus in January 1879.. 150 v 4000 aprox...

Stars Stanley Baker and Michael Caine...
    classic.

Great repeating music theme right through gives atmosphere as well..

If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle.

.... And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind.
    Last edited by struth; 03-08-2020 at 11:10.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Iíve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**
    "We kill for oil then we throw a party when we win.Some guy refuses to fight and we call that a sin". "While we sit gloating in our greatness, Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"
    Give me absolute control
    Over every living soul, I've seen the future, baby,
    It is murder
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

need cheering up after my panic attack lol..

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. 1975.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Iíve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**
    "We kill for oil then we throw a party when we win.Some guy refuses to fight and we call that a sin". "While we sit gloating in our greatness, Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"
    Give me absolute control
    It is murder
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    need cheering up after my panic attack lol..
    What? Were you worried that the Zulus were going to win this time?
    Current Lash Up:

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Grant.

Capricorn One. 1978.. Elliot Gould stars.. Director is Peter Hyams.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

Give me absolute control
    It is murder
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Zulu 1964.. Battle of Rorke's Drift between the British Army and the Zulus in January 1879.. 150 v 4000 aprox...

Stars Stanley Baker and Michael Caine...
    classic.

Great repeating music theme right through gives atmosphere as well..

If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle.

.... And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind.
    Watched again a few years ago on blu-ray, amazing picture quality. Could show a few new films how it's done... Top film with a top cast
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Martin.

'So Long At The Fair' (1950)

Looks like a romance from the poster but it isn't. I saw this as a youngster when I was off school sick and remembered it being quite intriguing but not much more, so when I saw it was on Talking Pictures channel I thought I'd give it another go 40 years later.

The premise is that a young woman and her brother go to the 1889 World Fair in Paris. They check into a hotel but next morning there's no sign of the brother, what she thought was his room is actually a bathroom, and no-one in the hotel has any recollection or record of him.

It's all pretty well-done, and with good acting. The French people all speak in French with no subtitles, which is pretty daring, but it's only schoolboy level so you can still get the gist of it. Worth a watch when it comes round again.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Gary.

What are you, some kinda Pervert??!

Capricorn One. 1978.. Elliot Gould stars.. Director is Peter Hyams.

Enjoying Hifi 'n stuff.

I'm Gary.

Heads up...
    Amazon Prime showing every episode of “The Professionals”

Oh My.
    that’s MY weekend gone!
    Last edited by Gazjam; 06-08-2020 at 20:31.
    Enjoying Hifi 'n stuff.

I'm Gary.

My favourite film of all Time, check it out?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jg3bu
    Enjoying Hifi 'n stuff.

+ Reply to Thread