+ Reply to Thread
Page 1183 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 18368310831133117311811182118311841185119312331283 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,830 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Spider Woman, 1944... Sherlock Holmes and the....

Such a shame that the (joint?) best Holmes got such rubbish screenplays to perform.

I'm Geoff.

I Was Monty's Double, 1959
    Not a bad film that. Intriguing story and brilliant casting, obviously.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

The Man With Two Brains, 1983.

Carl Reiner would say in an interview, "That movie has one of my favorite scenes ever, with the little four-year-old girl. She's standing on the corner watching, and Steve has just run over Kathleen Turner and almost killed her, and she's lying there and she needs help. He says to the four-year-old girl, 'Listen, take these instructions,' and he gives her the most complicated instructions--has her call the ER and gives her four telephone numbers, and then he gives her ten different kinds of medical treatments. And he has her repeat it, and she repeats it to him, word for word. I'll never forget that, because I thought we'd be there all day. Luckily I took a close-up of her, because she repeated it word for word and that's the only take we ever took." Afterwards the interviewer said he thought the little girl, Mya Stark, was reading from a cue card. Reiner replied, "No, no, she was four, she couldn't read! And by the way, one day I was at a store, and there's a woman who's an executive there, and she says, 'We know each other.' I say, 'No, I'm sorry, I don't recall.' She says, 'Remember that girl from "The Man with Two Brains"?' and I said, 'Oh my God!' She was like 35 years old. That was one of my favorite human beings ever, that little girl."
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

The Man With Two Brains, 198

Carl Reiner would say in an interview, "That movie has one of my favorite scenes ever, with the little four-year-old girl. She's standing on the corner watching, and Steve has just run over Kathleen Turner and almost killed her, and she's lying there and she needs help. He says to the four-year-old girl, 'Listen, take these instructions,' and he gives her the most complicated instructions--has her call the ER and gives her four telephone numbers, and then he gives her ten different kinds of medical treatments. And he has her repeat it, and she repeats it to him, word for word. I'll never forget that, because I thought we'd be there all day. Luckily I took a close-up of her, because she repeated it word for word and that's the only take we ever took." Afterwards the interviewer said he thought the little girl, Mya Stark, was reading from a cue card. Reiner replied, "No, no, she was four, she couldn't read! And by the way, one day I was at a store, and there's a woman who's an executive there, and she says, 'We know each other.' I say, 'No, I'm sorry, I don't recall.' She says, 'Remember that girl from "The Man with Two Brains"?' and I said, 'Oh my God!' She was like 35 years old. That was one of my favorite human beings ever, that little girl."
    "Looks like a subdural haematoma to me"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    "Looks like a subdural haematoma to me"
    just go! Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all. Well you're still wet behind the ears. It's not subdural hematoma, it's epidural! Ha! God damn that makes me mad!
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

some more blackadder to start...

Bishop of Bath and Wells : [Blackadder has blackmailed the Bishop with a nude painting of him with Percy] Never, in all my years, have I encountered such cruel and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the church?

Blackadder : No, I could never get used to the underwear.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder on the Orient Express, 2017.

Johnny Depp asked director Branagh to apologize to Derek Jacobi on his behalf after filming their scene together, "because I had to shout at him, I don't want to shout at Derek Jacobi."

According to Branagh's autobiography Beginnings, it was seeing Derek Jacobi play Hamlet onstage as a boy that convinced him to pursue acting.

Branagh really walked atop an actual train for the scene where Poirot does the same, and despite the addition of a safety wire, he found it properly terrifying "for this [then] fifty-six-year-old actor."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

...Top Notch that was...

...NOW<

Rio Bravo, 1959. Duke Wayne cleassic.

The sets in Old Tucson are built to 7/8th scale, so the performers look larger than life.

After seeing the film, Gary Cooper said it was "so phony, nobody believes in it." Ironically, Cooper had been a visitor to the set since he was filming The Hanging Tree (1959) nearby. This film is considered to be John Wayne and Howard Hawks' reply to Cooper's own film High Noon (1952) because neither Wayne nor Hawks thought a real lawman would want or need to ask for help in handling a problem like Cooper's character did in that film. (oh the bitchiness of hollywood eh? lol)

The last movie in which John Wayne wore the hat he had worn since Stagecoach (1939).
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A bit of fun now with... Little Nicky, 2000.

Quentin Tarantino cameoed as the blind deacon.

(At around nine minutes) Adrian's line, "better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven," is taken from John Milton's epic literary work "Paradise Lost" (1667).
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

...Top Notch that was...

...NOW<

Rio Bravo, 1959. Duke Wayne cleassic.

The sets in Old Tucson are built to 7/8th scale, so the performers look larger than life.

After seeing the film, Gary Cooper said it was "so phony, nobody believes in it." Ironically, Cooper had been a visitor to the set since he was filming The Hanging Tree (1959) nearby. This film is considered to be John Wayne and Howard Hawks' reply to Cooper's own film High Noon (1952) because neither Wayne nor Hawks thought a real lawman would want or need to ask for help in handling a problem like Cooper's character did in that film. (oh the bitchiness of hollywood eh? lol)

The last movie in which John Wayne wore the hat he had worn since Stagecoach (1939).
    I read that Wayne did not like 'High Noon' because he thought the message of the film was 'Un-American' in that no-one is prepared to back up the sheriff. So in 'Rio Bravo' the opposite happens and a number of the other characters insist on helping him out. Likewise in 'Rio Lobo' and 'El Dorado' all the characters are keen to 'do their bit.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread