+ Reply to Thread
Page 431 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3313814214294304314324334414815319311431 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    This is tremendous, great speculative fiction in the tradition of the best.
    Been naughty and seen the entire 2nd Season Grant..its a doozy.
    it is good isnt it mate. I'm rationing myself so it lasts longer
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Colin's Sandwich, sitcom from late 80s with Mel Smith

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Colin's Sandwich, sitcom from late 80s with Mel Smith
    Time travelling again, Roy?

Just about to watch 'A Good Day To Die Harder', not seen it before but I liked the 'previous installments in the franchise', as they say.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

The Superbowl.

New England are getting pasted at the moment.

It is an interesting story how American football got started. When the Puritans went to America they had their hands full for a while but after a few years they got settled and found they had no sport. Cricket was suggested but no-one knew how to make a cricket bat. One bloke recalled that at school they had played a game with a much cruder bat that anyone could whittle out of a thick branch. That game was Rounders but, worried about licencing constraints (Puritans are big worriers), they decided to call it 'Base Ball' and pretend it was something different entirely.

So that was the summer sorted but what about the winter? Now in any civilised country this would be devoted to Association Football. Problem was this was before the FA had been invented and football was just a piss-up and a fight between two villages on Shrove Tuesday. And the Puritans had come to America to get away from all that drunken rowdiness. So that was out.

Luckily Rugby had already been invented, by bizarre coincidence, at Rugby School. So they decided to play that but no-one had thought to bring a rule book with them so they had to work from their memories, which were a bit dim and distant by that point. There was a big argument about whether or not you were allowed to pass forward, The people who said 'Of course you can! What would be the point of only passing backwards?' won and so the game of American Football was born.

Those who lost went north and started Canada. They gave up on Rugby but someone had a rule book for hockey and so that's how that got started.

Just a bit of history for you there.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Lady Gaga half time show coming on now...
    Current Lash Up:

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Time travelling again, Roy?
    It's a brilliant comedy that's never been re-run or released on DVD but both series currently available on youtube.

I'm Martin.

I thought that I vaguely recalled watching it, which is wrong as I just checked and it was on from 1988 to 1990 and I didn't have a telly back then. Unless it was repeated in the early 1990s.

In other news I have run out of the Bilko episodes I taped from Forces TV and they have stopped showing it
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Unknown (2011) stars Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger and January Jone. Directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, who seems to like making films with Neeson.

Amazon Prime content. No idea if its any good, but it did well at the box office taking in $136 mil; more than 4 times its cost
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Well that was rubbish and didnt get anywhere near end... great to have an off switch. talk about boring

ah well, cheering myself up with some Blackadder...season 3 to be precise. onto Amy and amiability. Not much wrong with this even after all those years, 30 to be precise..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Just finished watching Cloverfield.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread