+ Reply to Thread
Page 1075 of 1075 FirstFirst ... 7557597510251065107310741075
Results 10,741 to 10,747 of 10747

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Another good film there Grant.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Total recall, 1990.

Streamed upstairs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S -

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. "Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak!"

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Being There, 1979. directed by Hal Ashby and stars Peter Sellers and Shirley MacLaine, and features Jack Warden, Melvyn Douglas, Richard Dysart, and Richard Basehart.

The film holds a score of 95% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 55 reviews, with an average rating of 8.56/10. The critical consensus reads: "Smart, sophisticated, and refreshingly subtle, Being There soars behind sensitive direction from Hal Ashby and a stellar Peter Sellers performance." In 2003 The New York Times placed the film on its Best 1000 Movies Ever list.

According to MacLaine, "(Peter) believed he was Chauncey. He never had lunch with me... He was Chauncey Gardiner the whole shoot, but believing he was having a love affair with me."

This is the Criterion remastered Bluray.
    Regards,

OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S -

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. "Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak!"

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth
    "Smart, sophisticated, and refreshingly subtle"
    The emphasis is on subtle. I know several fans of Peter Seller films who just don't get it.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Being There, 1979
    It's a bit special.
    Conspiracy theories are only perpetuated because people go looking for them!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The emphasis is on subtle. I know several fans of Peter Seller films who just don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's a bit special.
    yes its a vey good, yet strange film i guess. either you get it on not. Thought Shirley Maclaine was outstanding.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Starman, 1984. directed by John Carpenter and stars Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen.

Jeff Bridges was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor, making Starman the only film by John Carpenter to receive an Academy Award nomination.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread