+ Reply to Thread
Page 1334 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 33483412341284132413321333133413351336134413841434 ... LastLast
Results 13,331 to 13,340 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Rogue Male, 1976..

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

My Favorite Brunette, 1947... superior nonsense

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Son of Paleface, 1952....more nonsense

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Looper, 2012... classic modern si fi..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agreed - but then it does have Emily Blunt in it.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

A somewhat older si fi today.... The Day of the Triffids, 1963.

Kieron Moore and Janette Scott were only added to the cast when it was discovered upon completion of filming that there was only 57 minutes of good usable footage available. The whole lighthouse sequence, directed by veteran Cinematographer Freddie Francis, was only added to help extend the movie's running time.

The American naval base in southern Spain referenced by Bill Masen is real. It's called Rota Naval Station, but it's not in Cadiz; it's actually across the Bay of Cadiz, in the little town of Rota. It's a Spanish naval base, leased by the Americans.

The novel, published by Penguin Books, sold over a million copies by 1981. It's been translated into several languages. John Wyndham wrote the novel in 1951; by 1981 it had been reprinted 34 times.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

More si fi with... Memoirs of an Invisible Man, 1992...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

One of my all-time favs now with A New Leaf, 1971.. Directed and written by and starring Elaine May and Walter Matthau.
    The film was a critical success upon its initial release. However, despite several accolades, award nominations, and a Radio City Music Hall run, A New Leaf fared poorly at the box office and remains little known by the general public. It is now considered a cult classic.

The film was well received by critics. On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 94% based on 68 reviews, with an average score of 8.10/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Elaine May is a comedic dynamo both behind and in front of the camera in this viciously funny screwball farce, with able support provided by Walter Matthau."

Roger Ebert gave the film four stars out of four, and described the film as "hilarious, and cockeyed, and warm." In his review for The New York Times, Vincent Canby called it "a beautifully and gently cockeyed movie that recalls at least two different traditions of American film comedy... The entire project is touched by a fine and knowing madness." The film was placed at #2 on Gene Siskel's list of the best movies of 1971.
    Elaine Mays cut was at 180 mins and too her 10 months to do. The film was taken from her and re-edited at current run time of 102 mins. Apparently everyone bar May thought this version several times better and funnier.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A somewhat older si fi today.... The Day of the Triffids, 1963.

A pretty poor sci-fi film, deviating significantly from the book.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    A pretty poor sci-fi film, deviating significantly from the book.
    yeah its not great, but at least it gives an idea i guess. the series was better
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread