+ Reply to Thread
Page 946 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 44684689693694494594694794895699610461446 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,460 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Bonnie and Clyde, 1967. starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway, with Michael J. Pollard, Gene Hackman, and Estelle Parsons.

The film isnt historically overly accurate but you get the gist... It was controversial at the time of release because of its apparent glorification of murderers, and for its level of graphic violence, which was unprecedented at the time.

It did open up cinema tho. It was nominated for 9 academy awards and won 2.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Tried watching that film, Greenland from last year.. it was worse than painting a long fence....
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Some pirates to cheer me up.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Carry on don't lose your head, 1967.
    Classic carryon

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

To Have and Have Not, 1944. directed by Howard Hawks and stars Humphrey Bogart, Walter Brennan and Lauren Bacall.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    To Have and Have Not, 1944. directed by Howard Hawks and stars Humphrey Bogart, Walter Brennan and Lauren Bacall.

Probably my all-time favourite Bogart film.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Peggy Sue Got Married, 1986... directed by Francis Ford Coppola starring Kathleen Turner and Nick Cage..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, 1982. neo-noir comedy-mystery film, directed by Carl Reiner. Starring Steve Martin and Rachel Ward.

The film is both a parody of and a homage to film noir and the pulp detective movies of the 1940s. The title refers to Martin's character telling a story about a woman obsessed with plaid in a scene that, oddly, was ultimately cut from the film.

Archive footage (in order of appearance)

Alan Ladd as The Exterminator (from This Gun for Hire)
    Barbara Stanwyck as Leona Hastings-Forrest (from Sorry, Wrong Number)
    Ray Milland as Sam Hastings (from The Lost Weekend)
    Ava Gardner as Kitty Collins (from The Killers & The Bribe)
    Burt Lancaster as Swede Anderson (from The Killers)
    Humphrey Bogart as Philip Marlowe (from The Big Sleep, In a Lonely Place, and Dark Passage)
    Cary Grant as the Handsome Guy (from Suspicion)
    Ingrid Bergman as F.X. Huberman (from Notorious)
    Veronica Lake as Monica Stillpond (from The Glass Key)
    Bette Davis as Doris Devermont (from Deception)
    Lana Turner as Jimmi Sue Altfeld (from Johnny Eager & The Postman Always Rings Twice)
    Edward Arnold as Jimmi Sue's father (from Johnny Eager)
    Kirk Douglas as Lead Thug (from I Walk Alone)
    Fred MacMurray as Walter Neff (from Double Indemnity)
    James Cagney as Captain Cody Jarrett (from White Heat)
    Joan Crawford as Margaret (from Humoresque)
    Charles Laughton as The Fat One Who Sweats A Lot (from The Bribe)
    Vincent Price as Rice (from The Bribe)

All actors featured in archive footage were still alive at the time of the movie's release except Ladd, Bogart, Lake, Arnold, Crawford, and Laughton. Bergman died just a few months after the film's debut.

The film was fairly well recieved and made a decent if small profit.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Outlaw Josey Wales, 1976. Clint Eastwood, Chief Dan George, Sondra Locke and John Vernon all star in this revisionist Western.

Was watching a film with Chief Dan George(Little Big Man)earlier, so like to move with a theme sometimes..

classic western this... one of his best and was extremely popular in the day.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Probably is his best film, aside from maybe 'The Good The Bad And The Ugly'.

I suppose I'd rate them about equal. Can't beat a bit of Sergio. Clint's a lot more workmanlike as a director, no obvious fancy stuff. Although that's a good thing IMHO.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread