+ Reply to Thread
Page 1301 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 30180112011251129112991300130113021303131113511401 ... LastLast
Results 13,001 to 13,010 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

My Fair Lady, 1964... 8 Oscar wins for this musical classic..

When
    Audrey Hepburn (Eliza Dolittle.) was first informed that her voice wasn't strong enough and that she would have to be dubbed, she walked out. She returned the next day and, in a typically graceful Hepburn gesture, apologized to everybody for her "wicked behavior." She later admitted she would never have accepted the role of Eliza Dolittle if she had known that producer Jack L. Warner intended to have nearly all of her singing dubbed. After making this movie, Hepburn resolved not to appear in another movie musical unless she could do the singing on her own. Most of Audrey Hepburn's singing was dubbed by Marni Nixon, despite Hepburn's lengthy vocal preparation for the role. A dubber was required because Eliza Doolittle's songs were not transposed down to accommodate Hepburn's "low-mezzo voice" (as Nixon referred to it), the way Guenevere's songs were transposed down to accommodate Vanessa Redgrave's limited vocal range in Camelot (1967). Hepburn sang most of "Just You Wait," as well as the reprise to the song, showcasing her ability to sing perfectly at ease when the songs were set in a reasonable tessitura. Hepburn also sang one or two lines, elsewhere in the score, such as 'Sleep, sleep, I couldn't sleep tonight!' in "I Could Have Danced All Night." Thus, the claim that Nixon dubbed all of Hepburn's singing (as asserted by such people as syndicated columnist Hedda Hopper) is false.

When
    Audrey Hepburn entered the set for the first time in Eliza's gown for the ball, she was so beautiful the crew and the rest of the cast stood silently gaping at her, then broke out with applause and cheers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

a marvellous film with great performances all round. Stanley Holloway at over 70 was amazing...great voice and still able to dance a bit.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

an easy saturday matinee now with .. Here Comes Mr. Jordan, 1941..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'The Many Faces Of Christopher Lee' (date unknown)

Seen this before but it saw was on 'Talking Pictures' so watched it again.

Just Mr L sat in his office talking about his life and career. Compared to him pretty much everyone else on the planet has wasted their lives. I mean, this is the man who was the inspiration for James Bond for Christ's sake.

Very funny, very interesting, the only criticism I can make is that it isn't anything like long enough.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

'The Many Faces Of Christopher Lee' (date unknown)

Seen this before but it saw was on 'Talking Pictures' so watched it again.

Just Mr L sat in his office talking about his life and career. Compared to him pretty much everyone else on the planet has wasted their lives. I mean, this is the man who was the inspiration for James Bond for Christ's sake.

Very funny, very interesting, the only criticism I can make is that it isn't anything like long enough.
    1996 mate.. quite rare too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Top film that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

a good film that was... take a risk and you often get rewarded...

now... Little Big Man, 1970...bluray.. Legendary make-up artist Dick Smith devised a latex face for old Crabb that allowed for the eyes to blink alongside Dustin Hoffman's own blinking, something revolutionary in the make-up field at the time. Smith was dismayed when he saw the film for the first time to see that none of the close-up cuts of Hoffman's face showed off this feature.

Last edited by struth; 21-01-2023 at 16:42.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Tonight on Talking Pictures TV at 9.30, 'The Chase' 1965. With Marlon Brando, Robert Redford, Jane Fonda, Robert Duvall, Angie Dickinson, James Fox, Richard Bradford, and Martha Hyer. An impressive but not well known thriller with a superb cast!

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread