+ Reply to Thread
Page 1375 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 37587512751325136513731374137513761377138514251475 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,750 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Reach for the Sky, 1956...

According to Lewis Gilbert, Douglas Bader was difficult to deal with.

"When he read the script he said I had made a terrible hash of it because I'd cut out a lot of his friends. I pointed out that the book contained hundreds of names and I had to cut it down or else the film would run for three days. He said, 'That's your problem. If you don't get my friends in, I won't double for the film,' because he was going to double for Kenneth More in long shots. explained to him that that wouldn't stop the film being made; I said that we would undoubtedly find someone with a disability similar to his - which he did. In fact a number of his friends had helped me with the script, although we didn't tell Douglas that. Douglas wasn't in the film at all".
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Small Time Crooks, 2000...

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Day Will Dawn, 1942..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, 2011..

The text of the note that Holmes leaves Watson on the packing crate reads: "Come at once if convenient. If inconvenient, come all the same." This quote is taken directly from the opening lines of Holmes creator Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes short story "The Adventure of the Creeping Man"

The fifteen-second on-screen dance between Jude Law and Noomi Rapace in the gypsy camp took three days to shoot.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Angel Heart, 1987..

Writer and director Alan Parker claims that Robert De Niro's performance as Louis Cyphre was so eerie and realistic that he generally avoided him during his scenes, letting him just direct himself.

When Louis (Robert De Niro) blows salt from his egg onto the restaurant table, Harry Angel (Mickey Rourke) takes a pinch and throws it over his left shoulder. The superstition is that by doing so you blind the devil (or your evil angel).

The line "How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise" is drawn from Sophocles' "Oedipus The King".
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Grapes of Wrath, 1940..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

A good, but bowdlerised, film version of the book. The ending was a 'cop out', so as not to upset the delicate sensibilities of the American viewer.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Picked this up today in a charity shop for Ł1:

Tina Turner – 'Simply The Best - The Video Collection'

Label: Falcon Neue Medien – 0264
    Format: DVD, DVD-Video, Compilation
    Released: 2004
    Genre: Rock, Pop
    Style: Pop Rock
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

carolyn seymour was a tidy girl in those days. she was the snooty one in survivors...

Throw Momma from the Train, 1987..

Last edited by struth; 08-06-2023 at 14:56.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread