+ Reply to Thread
Page 729 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2296296797197277287297307317397798291229 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,290 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Trading Places. 1983, directed by John Landis.
    Stars Eddie Murphy, Dan Aykroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis.
    Top quality supporting cast and great script made this a highly successful film grossing 6 times it's budget.

Amazon Library
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Not tonight, but didn’t get a chance to post on Friday evening when we watched it - “A Star is Born” - the 2018 remake with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga - seriously worth putting your prejudices aside (if indeed you have any) and enjoying an amazing movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Not tonight, but didn’t get a chance to post on Friday evening when we watched it - “A Star is Born” - the 2018 remake with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga - seriously worth putting your prejudices aside (if indeed you have any) and enjoying an amazing movie.
    Um Chezza keeps saying she wants to watch it.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I really enjoyed it, and “Lady Gaga” is nothing like her pop star persona would suggest. Bradley Cooper also directed, and it is genuinely him singing (not sure on the guitar playing) might not be your cup of tea musically, but it is IMHO a very well put together film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

1984.George C Scott
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Was in bed last night watching Space 1999 on Forces TV. Man he should have made a feature film of that at the time, would have been brilliant..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Was in bed last night watching Space 1999 on Forces TV. Man he should have made a feature film of that at the time, would have been brilliant..
    Original series was good. Oh the pain. Lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Man From Laramie. 1955.
    Directed by Anthony Mann and stars Jimmy Stewart, needless to say.
    Quality western again from the duo.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Mobsters. 1991. Stars Anthony Quinn and Christian Slater

It details the creation of*The Commission. Set in*New York City, taking place from 1917 to 1931, it is a semi-fictitious account of the rise of*Charles "Lucky" Luciano,*Meyer Lansky,*Frank Costello, and*Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

First new TV programme I've watched in ages, fucking hilarious, on BBC iplayer, 'Blindboy undestroys the world'. The trout is the best thing about the show, watch it and see.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread