+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tv audio needs improving.

I'm colin.

Default Tv audio needs improving.

Watched a lot of Tv over xmas and noticed that in order to get clarity on speech i have to dial the sound levels up a fair bit, especially with deep voices . Never noticed before but i didnt have neighbours to think about before so probably whacked things up without giving a thought.
    It could be imaging problems maybe. I use a big toe in firing the speakers directly at my seating position to avoid room reflection but this works well with music.
    Got me thinking, the DAC in my freeview humax is probably a bit rubbish and i might get an improvement with an external one ( maybe one of those cheap CYP dacs) or maybe speech might sound better with a sub. I know its difficult thing to evaluate without hearing my system but id appreciate any comments

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Have you got an option in your box setup menus to adjust the output levels ?

Just a thought........
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

MartinT Guest

I use a modified Caiman DAC to send stereo optical digital audio from Sky HD and Blu-ray. I find the quality of dialogue superb, impressively so from some documentaries and films.

I'm colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Have you got an option in your box setup menus to adjust the output levels ?

Just a thought........
    Didnt think of that. To be honest i got it of e bay without a manual and without the proper remote ( it came with a universal replacement jobby ) so i did nothing to it.
    Ill have a fiddle tonight.

I'm colin.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I use a modified Caiman DAC to send stereo optical digital audio from Sky HD and Blu-ray. I find the quality of dialogue superb, impressively so from some documentaries and films.
    At the moment i just use stereo jack output into my stereo jack ( why dont manufacturers put a toslink input on there stereo integrated amps!)
    Just had a look at the manual on line , cant see output levels but there is settings for optical out, analogue out and so on. Didnt know you had to tell the unit what you wanted. Thought it did it automatically Have to look at that.
    Have to get a DAC at some point though.

I'm Will.

Hi Colin,

Is your stereo setup in the same room as your TV?

If it is then have a look on ebay for an old Yamaha DSP800, a nice way of using your quality stereo in your AV setup.
    Cheers, Will

I'm colin.

Funny you should say that. I noticed your post about the Yamaha and watched it on e bay and was surprised to see it go for £40!
    The only thing that put me of is im running out of shelves on my rack.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Go for an external dac,either a Standac or I went for a VALAB NOS two box jobbie for the same price.Tv and films sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I went for a VALAB NOS two box jobbie for the same price.Tv and films sound great.
    I was wondering how come I haven't seen an order from you for a Gator .

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes, sorry Stan,I went for the Valab after reading the marathon threads on Head hifi, and cos I wanted to try a NOS dac.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast