+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'farting', buzzing tube power amp; broken tube??

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Sounds like one of the valves has gone microphonic Anthony explained the best way to check is tap valves with a pen Its really worths speaking to Anthony TD he is a gentleman and really knows his stuff also Lurcher
    Lots of valves can be microphonic and still work fine, and you will hear a tapping pen through a lot. Doesn't mean there's a problem with them though. I have had similar problems and it was down to dirty pins. Even just removing and replacing each valve a couple of times could solve it.

I'm ILOB.

Yes a good pins clean is worth trying, just trying to share something that worked for me when I had a similar issue
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Filip.

thank you Gents,
    I just found your topic about cleaning pins and coca cola use
    I will def. clean the pins, and contact Anthony as you suggested, swap of tubes won't hurt my amp, they all are old and 'rather low shelf', so maybe it's a good time to invest a bit and have a better sound...
    who knows, I will gladly inform what happen.

have a good one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12