Closed Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 10 enjoyable speakers you've owned

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm still recovering from seeing Linn Isobaraks placed in the same grouping of speakers that include Quad 57s !

One of them are probably the worst speakers I have ever heard, and one of them is probably one of the best speaker systems I have heard.
    Thorens TD160, Sme 3009, Ortofon VMS20e (or maybe A&R P77?), Crimson Electric Pre and Power, Quad ESL's

or, a good few years later,

Lp12/lingo/modded bearing, Naim ARO, Spectral MCR signature, Krell KSL, Krell KSA100, Isobariks

(I'll just mention that compared with the KSA 100 into bariks ANY Naim amp of the time* would be wringing out the wee wee.....)

Er, ?

*and probably now too

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    You know, I don't think I've owned ten pairs of speakers, but here goes on some favourites..

Epos ES14
    Spendor BC1
    Spendor BC2
    ATC SCM20
    ATC SCM20 ASL Pro
    ATC SCM100A
    AVI Positron
    AVI N5
    Harbeth HL5
    Musical Technology Harrier SE's

Actually, I've owned a few more goodies

Linn Isobariks (two pairs)
    Yamaha NS1000M's

And that's not forgetting the Keilidh's, Rega Alya's, Heybrook HB2's and B&O X25's (Dad ended up with the last three at different times), Snell E's (ugghh!), Kans (ugghh ugghh) and Audiomaster Image 1's and 2's

Fuggin' 'ell - you can add AVI Pro 9's (ugh ugh ugh 'cos they scream), Wharfedale Denton W20 (originals), which are delightful and cover their tracks so well so you don't think anything's wrong until you hear something more modern and Rogers LS5/9's, a not well loved BBC monitor design that NEEDS particular amp characteristics to sound half decent.

Barry, no two pairs of 'briks ever usually sounded the same, at least not until the later ones that used the revised KEF mid driver and the design was incredibly room-challenging. I personally feel that an active set especially (or a VERY carefully chosen passive set) and in a room they like, could sound incredibly good with the right amps, and CB Naim is NOT the right kind of amp for them in my opinion over thirty years later!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Phil.

some hand made speakers by roland

focal 1028be , for vfm they are exceptional and so very natural
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm paul.

Its Great to see so many people
    having spent time with the Epos ES 14
    surprised by the lack of certain brands though
    Paul
    Truth is always new, totally unknown, and unknowable. The mind must come to it without any demand, without any knowledge,without any wish; it must be empty, completely naked. Then only truth may happen. But you cannot invite it.
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718