+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Furutech SK2 Electrostatic Brush

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post
    I'm going to cause gasps of astonishment here! but I rarely use anything to clean my records. I just pop them on the platter, drop the needle on and listen.

I can't say I hear many pops or static stuff and if I do I just accept that its part of the medium or maybe I have simply tuned it out.

It just doesn't seem to bother me...
    could it be that the brush will bring an extra degree of resolution to what you are hearing from your vinyl, I would bet on it.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post
    I'm going to cause gasps of astonishment here! but I rarely use anything to clean my records. I just pop them on the platter, drop the needle on and listen.

I can't say I hear many pops or static stuff and if I do I just accept that its part of the medium or maybe I have simply tuned it out.

It just doesn't seem to bother me...

Since I don't know what equipment you use it's difficult to comment. All I know these things did not bother me as a teenager playing records on my dad's radiogram (at least it was a valve job the significance of which passed me by at the time). Frankly you may be lucky with atmospheric conditions in your house but the most annoying thing is that static attracts dust which accumulates on your stylus. Hence crackle and pops and more rapid stylus wear.

As far as the magic brush is concerned it's effect is likely marginal if you clean records with an RCM or even a Knosti. Records cleaned this way and placed in antistatic sleeves in my experience remain static free attracting little dust when played and the stylus remains clean. I know Marco thinks otherwise but it's got to do something special for a ton. If I win the Euro lottery I might change my view mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789