+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Furutech SK2 Electrostatic Brush

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

it resembles the brush used to lather your face for a wet shave I think!
    Nope, it's *much* softer than that! I wet shave, and so would know

When Del saw it, she asked me what I was doing with one of her make-up brushes, and I said, well erm, mmmm, it's like this...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    £100 for a brush, come on! Still if you want to send one out to try?
    I joined this forum because I am getting back into Vinyl seriously and it seemed to have a SERIOUS amount of skilled and intelligent punters judging by the quality of the threads. Based on what I have read and participated in I have purchased an SL1210 and spent lots of money on items to increase my listening pleasure, after all that is ALL that counts.

Anyway, I don't offer items for sale unless I have used them myself and they have brought tangible benefits, hi-fi tuning fuses being one such item. It's simply too much hassle when someone buys an item off my website and wants to send it back because it doesn't live up to expectations, that is why 50-60% of the Furutech range I don't sell because I have not tried them and none of my anorak colleagues have, Oyaide is much the same, nearly every item I have introduced in the short time I have been here does the job so to speak.

Personally if I paid £100 for a shaving brush I would want it to be exceptional, it is. My crappy vinyl which has only ever been cleaned on a Knosti machine was remarkable after just a simple brush with the Furutech.

When I tried the Oyaide tone-arm cable on my humble Lenco GL78 Anita Baker was right there in my listening room. It's really quite simple, convince yourself that these tweaks are a waste of money based purely on the price and I feel you are missing out badly.

I mean the Oyaide mat and weight is £450, more than a decent vinyl spinner complete with arm and cartridge, on the right TT however it is a revelation.

Furutech are on holiday now until after CHRISTMAS and I sold all my stocks. I have ordered more brushes for January.The easiest way to experience the brush is to buy one, you are free to send it back for a full refund including your postage if not delighted.

In 10 years of selling cables and accessories I have had 2 returns.

I'm colin.

if it could get rid of my static pops it would be worth the price alone.
    The milty gun was useless, the only thing that works is to clean them on my Okki Nokki but it doesnt last for long.

Indeed, Colin; that's also what I've found.... The SK2, however, completely solves the problem. One quick revolution of it on the platter on top of a record before it's played, and any accumulated static simply disappears.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

i have a deram cleaning brush and it is a piece of shit,it creates so much static that when i take a record of the technics my funk mat stays stuck to it,not to mention it's pathetic attempts to remove dust.

£105 for a brush is just too much for me,i paid £100 for the 1200.Im sure it does everything it says it does but can someone recommend me a moderately priced brush?
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm David.

Moderately priced brush? If you use the AOS members discount code MAINS10 it reduces the price by 10%, moving it closer surely into moderately price territory? Just having a laugh mate, does that offer help?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Actually in a lot of respects it's decent value for money as long as it does what it says on the tin

After all, it can't exactly go wrong & it's not likely to wear out...

A lifetime of pop free records has got to be worth at least the asking price

Me, i want to know about improvements on CDs & pictures/audio on DVDs & blu ray discs
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Lol - the problem is, there is no "moderately priced" brush that removes static from records like the Furutech.... I know, as I've used most of them! They simply don't do that job.

Think of the SK2 less as a cleaning brush and more of as a static eliminator, and its cost may be more easily justified. Like Mark says, you'll have a lifetime of pop-free records (providing that they are already fairly clean and undamaged)

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Moderately priced brush? If you use the AOS members discount code MAINS10 it reduces the price by 10%, moving it closer surely into moderately price territory? Just having a laugh mate, does that offer help?
    Yep that helps loads i'll take 2 .Thanks for the offer but i need to sort out a new tone arm first and maybe build my record collection up before i can justify spending that much.

Do you have other brushes?
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm David.

Actually I do have a german made one you can have gratis, pm your details, at least it will do for a stop gap won't it?

Jelco, SME, Rega, Funk Firm, which arm is it to be mate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast