+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Furutech SK2 Electrostatic Brush

I'm David.

Default Furutech SK2 Electrostatic Brush

The Furutech brush is typical Furutech technology, its expensive but it does the job! Main use is to remove surface dust from your treasured vinyl and static, it also has lots of other areas where it is useful.

It has been known to all those concerned with high end audio and home theater for many years now that by removing electrostatic charge from audio and visual media a great improvement in sound and picture quality can be realized. But until now removing electrostatic charge has always been a costly exercise, both in time and money. Developed by SFC of Japan, the patented electrostatic brush SK-II has arrived brought to you by Furutech.
    This revolutionary product, so simple to use, will change your listening or viewing experience for good. See and hear a difference can be realized in minutes. Experience what the product that has become such a great hit among Japanese high-end audio and home theater fans.

Now Furutech brings this incredible product to audio and home theater lovers of the world.

The SK-II uses only the finest goat hair. Hard to come by and extremely soft, the goats hair used on the SK-II is perfect for cleaning dust out of those precious LPs and will not leave the slightest mark on CDs, DVD or projector lenses. Very portable, easy to use and comes with a clear plastic cover to keep the bristles of the brush well protected.

As all audio and visual fans know the more we use our CD/SACD/DVD/DVD-Audio disks, the more dust and fingerprints are left on the surface of the disks. Using disk cleaners, we wash and wipe them with cloths, but in doing so we inadvertently electro statically charge our media. Not to mention the resulting static charge from the simple action of removing them from their protective cases or covers. In the case of CDs 500~1,500V of frictional static electricity and ten times that for LPs, 3,000~20,000V.
    When disk media is played in the statically charged state, generally sounds are clouded, vowel sounds become thin and lower range sounds cannot be heard to their full potential.
    With regards to LPs the adding to the scratch noises, the noise from the sparks caused by static charge can be heard through the speakers during pick up.

By using the SK-II and lightly brushing the surface of LPs, CDs or DVDs in a circular motion, the sound quality of LPs and CDs will be improved and the image quality on DVD replay will also improve.

The reliability and effectiveness of the SK-II’s ability to remove static charge is well known to and used exclusively by the meticulous Japanese Police Force in their crime scene investigations, brushing away the aluminum particles to reveal fingerprints. The SK-II is their trusted choice.

And now the SK-II is sure to become an indispensable item for all audio and AV fans.

1. Materials: Natural Goats hair surrounded by thicker strengthening acrylic fibers. Only the natural fine goat hair is exposed to any disk media and will not damage or mark in any way.
    2. By using electrically conductive acrylic fibers that have been coated with copper sulfide and binding them together with a metal band, when both sides of the metal band are held during use, a corona discharge results; thereby removing static charge from media and charged dust particles.
    3. The acrylic fibers have been set back 15mm from the tip of the brush and their chemical coating absorbs positively charged copper ions. The structure of these electrically conductive acrylic fibers (40 denier, thickness 69.3 microns) is patented (#1677237).
    4. After a considerable amount of use the SK-II can be washed using a neutral cleansing agent and rinsed well with water and left to dry in the shade (please do not wash with cleansing agents containing bleach).
    5. Usually it is enough to just simply brush away most of the static charge, but if you would like to rid your media completely of Static charge then dab a slightly damp tissue paper on the surface of the media.
    6. This product is also very effective for use on Projector lenses, LCD screens, Plasma screens as well as CDs, DVDs and LPs.

A quick review is here. http://www.furutech.com/a2008/review...=124&r2_no=476

PM if you would like one. £105.00

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Man, does this little baby work!!

The Furutech brush is typical Furutech technology, its expensive but it does the job!
    I have to wholeheartedly agree. I was initially very sceptical about the claimed benefits of this brush, particularly as it doesn't look like much for the money (trust me, I didn't *want* to like it), but bloody hell, is it effective - so I just had to buy one!!

Simply spin a record and place the Furutech brush on top, leave for a revolution as the platters turns round, and the result is that the record surface is not only completely free from static, but also of any minute particles of dust and grit left deep within the grooves, even after records have been cleaned on an RCM!

Subsequently, the noise floor on playback is (quite incredibly) MASSIVELY reduced - and so sound quality is signifcantly improved, with big gains in overall clarity, definition and detail retrieval, resulting in greater insight into recordings and therefore increased listening pleasure. The sonic benefits resulting from its use are easily heard. This is NO 'snake oil'!

Make no mistake: the Furutech SK2 is extremely effective at removing static from records (much more so than my usual Zerostat gun), and so is a 'must have' for any serious vinyl addict. Quite simply, once you experience the sonic gains resulting from its use, and the subsequent greater appreciation of your favourite vinyl albums, you'll wonder how on earth you've coped without one before..... I kid you not!

Without question, this has to be the vinyl accessory of the year

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Has anyone that owns one of these tried it out on CDs, DVDs & blu rays? If so what was the difference, don't be shy

I keep mine as spotless as possible, never a fingermark in sight...

Have you used one on your CDs Marco?
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Has anyone that owns one of these tried it out on CDs, DVDs & blu rays?
    I find micropore cloths as used to clean glasses are excellent on CDs.

As for LPs, I'd have to be convinced that a £100 solution is better than my carbon fibre brush and Nagaoka inner sleeve for each record.

Hi Mark,

No, not yet, but I'll try it later and report back

It's totally mad... When David sent me one to try, I thought to myself '£105 for what looks like a girl's make-up brush - f*ck that ', but once you use it, the results speak for themselves...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Mark,

No, not yet, but I'll try it later and report back
    Cheers

Yes it does sound mad but it remains to be seen at the end of the day
    Bests, Mark

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Mark,

It's totally mad... When David sent me one to try, I thought to myself '£105 for what looks like a girl's make-up brush - f*ck that ', but once you use it, the results speak for themselves...

Marco.
    it resembles the brush used to lather your face for a wet shave I think!

Hi Martin,

As for LPs, I'd have to be convinced that a £100 solution is better than my carbon fibre brush and Nagaoka inner sleeve for each record.
    I felt the exact same way (as I also use the above), but there's simply no comparison. You know me, I wouldn't have bought the Furutech if it didn't work. I only rave about things that are good

The problem with carbon fibre brushes is that, yes, they remove dust, but in doing so they (quite seriously) charge records with static, completely nullifying any positive effect of using Nagaoka sleeves....

The fact is, until I used the SK2, I didn't realise how much of a detrimental effect this had on music reproduced.

In your system especially, the results will be obvious, mate, trust me!

Marco.
    Main System

Ah, that'd be Badger hair David Well the best brushes are at any rate
    Bests, Mark

I'm Andy.

£100 for a brush, come on! Still if you want to send one out to try?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast