Thread: Hello from Strasbourg

I'm Ritchie.

Default Hello from Strasbourg

The day is mine!

Greetings from Strasbourg.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Ritchie,

Welcome to AoS

Short and sweet, eh! What system have you got and what music do you like to listen to?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ritchie.

I am a vintage fanatic.

It began 20 years ago whilst I ate oatcakes and listened to my fathers tricked out Wharfedale system. He fuelled the mania that was about to ensue.

Now I have my own system...I have a strong preference towards vintage and broadcast equipment, especially Japanese equipment. I have owned almost all of the large Japanese direct drives, EMT's and Micro Seiki turntables, except the Onkyo PX-100. I had Thorens Reference serial number 2 for a while, then serial number 65. I currently have a Pioneer P3 and a few other beauties...and always searching for more.

From a digital point of view I am currently demoing an Accuphase DP-700, although it still cannot beat my japanese YAL YFD-18 18bit dac. Over the years I have owned most of the Accuphase cd players, CEC and a Philips LHH2000. My quest finally ended recently as I purchased the first broadcast cd player ever produced by Sony, only a handful exist. It has a console and seperate computer system and was sold to me by the president of the national recording and tv production company in Tokyo, like the guy behind Silbatone, he is a fanatic about vintage.

Amplification, I have tried most. I feel that I could and should do more to explore the DIY side and build my own. I have had big Accuphase monos, Berning OTL, Jadis, Leben, Shindo and McIntosh. I am venturing more into Vfet and SIT based amplifiers...on that note I acquired a Technics SE-A1, Yamaha C-1, B-1 and B-2. I believe that the early Yamaha Vfet designs, if slightly modified, could be very promising and blast away a Berning with ease.

Speakers...I leapfrogged many speakers to go for gold early on. I started with big Infinity speakers, Dynaudio Confidence 5 (I bought 3 pairs of these wonders), then Proac, Merlin VSM, all the Yamaha NS series...then TAD 2402. The TAD speakers emboddied most of what I wanted in a speaker. I now plan to make a DIY active speaker, probably a horn design.

Personally I am involved with audio on a professional level, along with agriculture, engineering and even bee keeping. I just develop passions and they become business. Engineer originally by profession, I worked for the EU as a kid developing robotics systems.

Err...thats it.

Edit...no it isn't. Music, I love all types of music, electronica, classical, jazz and rock. I am a rocker at heart I guess although I am moving into classical and big band.
    Last edited by Frog-n-Oatcakes; 01-12-2010 at 22:29. Reason: Music.

I'm Nobody.

Hi Richie
    Welcome. Good English btw

I'm Ritchie.

Thats because I am from Stoke on Trent originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hi Richie
    Welcome. Good English btw

I'm Nobody.

I knew it

Stoke on Trent....Strasbourg..... Much of a muchness, really (if you're drunk).

I think there was also a clue in the name "Ritchie"!

Marco.

P.S Lovely part of France, btw.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Tis.

Alsatian

I'm Ritchie.

Ooop-laaaa (Alsatian)

Thanks for the warm welcome. How did my cunning disguise fail me?

Hehehe... So what do you prefer, Richie, Les vins d'Alsace or Kronenbourg?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast