+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi All!!

Talking Hi All!!

Hi All!!

I am James from Hampshire.

I am in the beginning stages of trying to put together my first decent (hopefully) system.

Currently I run the following:
    Arcam delta 90 amp
    Cambridge audio CD4
    Linn Nexus LS250 with Ku-stone stands.

Sounding nice at the moment but could do with a little more mid and bass so I am thinking about upgrading to a newer Arcam integrated amp with power amp in order to bi-amp.

Please let me know your views/advice on upgrades on a budget. I'm sure I will also have some 'newbie' questions soon!

Kind regards,

James

I'm Nick.

I'll leave it to others to advise on the best upgrade route for you, but in the meantime, welcome! Reading up about your speakers, and thinking about your bass-midrange question, it seems the best advice is get the Ku-Stone stands - which you have - and get your positioning right - they're particularly sensitive to poor positioning. Others may have a view on what amps work best with your speakers...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Many thanks for the advice Beechwoods!

Looks like I'm upgrading to Arcam 9 & 9p amps to bi-amp soon. I'm hoping this will add to the sound. I have since toed in my speakers a little and this has improved the depth.

Also, anyone have any idea what my arcam delta 90 amp is worth? I will be looking to part with it once I upgrade.

Regards,

J

+ Reply to Thread