Syrinx LE1 (full DIY rewire):

Jelco / LAD (DIY external cable):

Mission 774 Original (DIY external cable):

Helius Scorpio MK2:

Mission 774 SM(J7 rewire):

Rega RB250 w/ full DIY rewire & Isokinetik counterweight:

Rega RB250 w/ full DIY cardas rewire & RB300 counterweight:

Alphason Opal full DIY rewire:

All the turntables apart from the 2 Technics have needed some degree of restoration from plinth repair, rewiring, replacing electronic parts.etc. All bought as spares or repairs and all in perfect working if not cosmetic condition by the time I have finished with them.
    Last edited by bubba45; 25-11-2010 at 21:54. Reason: new pics added
    Jason
    Technics SP10,(Jelco)LAD Tonearm,Pickering XV15/625e,Herbie's mat; Technics Sl1210 Mk5/Mission 774SM/DL160; Techncs SL1210/Ortofon VMS20eMKII;Technics SL1210Mk2, Jelco(LAD) tonearm, Nagaoka MP20, Platter matter; Technics SL7, P22
    Other Carts:
    AT120e, AT440MLa, AT110e,Goldring 1****,
    2X Marantz CD5400
    marantz PM7300,Rotel RA960 BX; Cambridge Audio 640P X 2
    Wharfedale 9.1; Tannoy Mercury F1.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba45 View Post

Yum Yum.. one of my fav arms & TT's.

I'm Neil.

Hi Jason

Thank you for that That was very interesting indeed.

Regards D S D L

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Nice - interesting interpretation of "couple" though!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jason.

Cheers gents
    Other TT's I've also owned but have no pictures of:

Systemdek IIX, Ariston RD80SL(X2), Rega Planar 3 (1 with R200 & 1 with RB300), Rega Planar 2 w/ RB250, Revolver Rebel, Luxmn PD264, Technics SL1500 MK1, Garrard 4hf, Thorens TD160, Dual CS5000, Ariston RD50, Ariston RD11e, Pro-Ject Xpression 1, Pro-ject Xperience, Pro-ject Debut, Ariston Q Deck, another Ariston RD40 I bgave to a friend as a present, another Heybrook TT2, 1 stock Linn LP12 / Valhalla '86 model, 1 LP12 with Cirkus bearing / Hercules-Mose / Cetech Subchassis and a surprisingly good vintage Hitachi DD.

Tonearms:
    Linn Akito MK1; Linn Ittok LVII (J7 fettled & rewired); Linn Basik LVV, LVX, LVX+; Origin Live Modded RB300

I think the only vintage TT's I'm still really tempted to try are a Logic DM101 or a STD 305. Although a couple of the vintage JVC, Kenwood/Trio, Denon's have aroused my curiosity too.

Armwise I've never owned a unipivot like a NA or a Hadcock but they no longer really tempt me for some reason.

Anyway just thought I'd share. I'll post pics of my current set ups at the weekend.
    Jason
    Technics SP10,(Jelco)LAD Tonearm,Pickering XV15/625e,Herbie's mat; Technics Sl1210 Mk5/Mission 774SM/DL160; Techncs SL1210/Ortofon VMS20eMKII;Technics SL1210Mk2, Jelco(LAD) tonearm, Nagaoka MP20, Platter matter; Technics SL7, P22
    Other Carts:
    AT120e, AT440MLa, AT110e,Goldring 1****,
    2X Marantz CD5400
    marantz PM7300,Rotel RA960 BX; Cambridge Audio 640P X 2
    Wharfedale 9.1; Tannoy Mercury F1.

I'm Nobody.

Please don't make me list the decks/arms i've had

I'm David.

Nice to see a SERIOUS vinyl forum, some real classics here. I have owned AR EB101 first, various SL1200/1210, Systemdek for a while, Rega P2 and lately P3, CBA and did not have time to up-grade the P3 so getting rid as I bought 5 x Lencos, just got the GL78 back today refurbed and cannot wait to give it a spin, just waiting for a new delrin record weight that I am getting made to arrive to compare against the aluminium one Marco recommended, need to give my Vinyl a serious clean as well. Will post pic of new TT when assembled.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

And I thought i had it bad

Some great old vintage decks there and the GL78, auto or not, is a classic once the arm bearings are sorted, the auto trip having no effect on performance and the multi-ribbed mat adding to it IMO

The STD was ok, but the sub-chassis was a bit frail as I recall. not sure what one would sound like now tbh. The DM101 was outside its time IMO and I suspect that great things could be done with the design with todays materials, supplies, mats etc..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The DM101 was outside its time IMO and I suspect that great things could be done with the design with todays materials, supplies, mats etc..
    The latter 'DM101' were the best British deck at the time imho, buy a manual version if you can.

I once remade but ever so slightly altered plinth for a friend for one..

I'm David.

Well I have the new Lenco now and the motor is totally silent, just proves how well they were made, need to do a few minor mods and we should be cooking on gas. Need to decide what to do with the other 4 then!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast