+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Confession Time - First Live Gig & First Record Bought

I'm Nick.

That wouldn't be sad - that would be criminal!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Especially if he asked you backstage to show you his 'cooka-choo'...

Or was that Alvin Stardust?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

First gig Elton John either 1972 or 1973?Glasgow Apollo.

My brother and his friend took me,after pressure from parents.

First one with my mates,Status Quo,October 1976.

This was recorded and released as Quo Live.

First record I got was David Bowie-The Man Who Sold The World (dress cover)

First record bought was,I think,Rod Stewart-Maggie May.
    ATB

David

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I was thinking Gary Glitter

Marco.
    Oooh!... painfully close. - It was 'The Glitter Band' sans Gary.
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Was it an uplifting experience?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Tony.

First record bought a 45 lol. WH Smiths the Prom in Cheltenham summer 79 Hit me with your Rhythm stick Ian Dury and the Blackheads.

First Gig Iron Maiden Oct/Nov 79 'Eves' night club Cheltenham Paul D'ianno on lead screech at the time
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Buffet-blower.

First live concert I went to? I'd have to ask my mum & dad as I don't think I could even walk at that age.

First one I remember clearly was around 1971/2 - I'd just started learning the Clarinet (aged 6) and saw Jack Brymer playing the Brahms and Mozart Clarinet Quintets at Cambridge Guildhall (can't recall the name of the string quartet).
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I remember the first life show I saw. It was in Amsterdam in the red light district. First record I bought was Float On by the Floaters. The 2nd was The Best of Bread, and the 3rd was Child In Time by Deep Purple. The only reason I remember them is because they were the only records I had for years...

First record I bought was Float On by the Floaters.
    Now that is a mad record - I remember it well!

Did you play it when you were gettin' down 'n' dirty, gettin' jiggy, bro?

Marco.
    Main System

In those days I lived in South America and went to school with people who had rich parents. Aids was still 7 or more years away, and in the tropics even a bikini can be too much clothing in hot weather. As a college student one of the traditional task was to have scored with someone from each college year, and then it was with someone from each class. The right records helped, but I am afraid that I didn't have the same facilities as some that would allow me to travel far and wide in search of another cross in the right box. I am talking about a motorbike or car. I had to mainly be contend with college orgies, where it is not so much of a friendly atmosphere. It is more like rushing in, showing your skills, and letting someone else have a go afterwards... Then you ticked your score card the next day to keep track of how far you were on the list...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast