+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie from the west country

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I agree with Ali. The Mr Liang is also excellent. The decision to be made here is whether to go for SET or push-pull.

To work that one out you need to listen for yourself!

Much will depend on what speakers you use.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Terry,

Welcome to the forum, btw

How did you hear about the Yaqin?

The best procedure, since the Yaqin is now available in a much nicer chrome version with upgraded mains transformers, is to order one direct from here in France:

http://www.tubophile.com/

Scroll down to the bottom and click on 'Yaqin'.

Then send it directly to Anthony Matthews of Tube Distinctions (who's on the forum) here:

http://www.tubedistinctions.co.uk/main.htm

for him to test and check everything is ok. It should be because you're not getting the 'raw' version direct from China, but it's best just to make sure. Anthony can then modify it further if you wish in terms of valves, capacitors, output transformers, etc.

It's a bit more expensive (I think about £600 inc shipping) compared to ordering it direct from China, which costs roughly £300 including shipping, but you get a much nicer looking amp that's also 'sorted' for UK voltage, and the performance is superb!

If you need any more info just ask. Anthony may perhaps wish to add some advice of his own.

Marco.
    Hi Marco and thanks for your thoughts. I heard about the Yaqin MC 100B by just a google search on 'tube amps' as i have said before i am a complete novice when it comes to this but am learning fast about 'rolling tubes' etc just by reading posts on the internet. Thanks for the links, i have had a look at the French site and emailed them to ask what tubes and transformers they use on their version of the amp. They also offer a Yaqin MC 110B for £660 but i don't know what the difference is between this and the 100B.
    Where abouts is Anthony in the country ?
    Thanks Again

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

ATB

David

I'm Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    Thanks David !!!

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    They also offer a Yaqin MC 110B for £660 but i don't know what the difference is between this and the 100B.
    I belive the 110B is a dual mono version of the 100B, seperate power supplies etc for each channel.

Cheers,
    Mike.
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Can't be that, Mikey. Mine is an MC100-B and it's dual-mono. I think the guy in France calls it a "110" after he's chrome finished it and upgraded the mains transformers.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

How many mains transformers has your Yaqin got marco?
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Two big boys parallel to the two output ones. It's a dual-mono design, dude

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Terry.

Hi Marco

Here is the email that i just got from Marc in France - So my question in regards to this, is it worth the £200 extra for a different power performer and some different capacitors ? Also i thought looking at the Hong Kong version on the website that they supply in either 110v or 240v which i believe is ok for the uk (240v) so really it seems that the £200 extra is for just the capacitors ? What do you think ?

Regards Terry

Dear Terry,

we have the MC100B in gold and in silver.
    This is the same electronic diagram than Hong-Kong ones, but we make agreement with factory to some parts like capacitors we want.
    Our power transformer is made on special request : voltage is 235V so it can meet all european requirement : UK who go up to 245V and some part for France who go to 225V.
    The valve and output transformer is the same, but upon your request and extra price we can put the valve of your choice.

We have the MC110B which is a special edition for us with high grade output transformer. This one is in black. The price is higher. 799€ + shipment.
    It also includes JJ KT88 in standard and NOS russian 6SN7. This price is now and I can't promise we can keep it in september because the yuan is increasing day after day.

The MC100B in silver would be around 499 GBP shipped to england with 1 year warranty which is a real warranty because you have just to send back the item to France and not to hong-Kong which cost is same price as the amplifier.

Don't hesitate if you need more details.

Best regards,
    Marc
    www.tubophile.com

I'm Nick.

UK who go up to 245V
    Nope, it can go up to 253 and be within spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast