Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Yes i am lucky to live here and doing the job i do keeps me outside most of the time to enjoy my surroundings, i am a photographer for the local newspapers here.

Now then as to my kit - well i am a complete beginner when it comes to decent amps and speakers etc. I do have a setup for the TV that gives me the sound i want for films and TV programs and that is (don't laugh) a Onkyo TX-SR606 AV Receiver and a pair of Bose Acoustimass - 3 Series for the fronts (To keep the wife happy - As they are 'NICE AND LITTLE' ) Kenwood CM-7ES rear speakers and a kenwood powered sub SW501,center speaker is a B&W LCR60 S3. For me this is fine for general TV watching and the odd film watched on my Sony SACD player. But when it comes to just wanting to play some music well it leaves a lot to be desired.
So i have a blank canvass to start with, regarding building up a system just for music. I know that i want to try a valve amp and was thinking of the Yaqin MC 100B and changing the Chinese valves for some better ones (will ask for your thoughts on this as to which ones to go for), as to speakers i am also open to suggestions to compliment this amp ?
Your experience on this will be greatly appreciated.