+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Newbie from the west country

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

hi dr larkos,
    sorry about the confusion, anyway, the preamp section in the yaqin is still in the signal path whether you use the front direct inputs, or the switched ones at the back, its just the gain is altered, and of course the signal is not having to go through all the switching. the only true way of bi-passing the preamp section in the yaqin is to remove it, and re-work the remaining circuitry.
    regards,anthony...

Thank you Anthony. Just a thought. I own another valve integrated amp made in China (fully designed in Australia), a 38 watt Melody SP3. This amp has two sets of RCA inputs. One set is a true by-pass that allows to connect an external preamp to the internal power amp section of the Melody. Not exactly a jumpered Pre-Out/Power-In set up but, basically, a set of RCA input jacks wired in parallel at the circuitry point where the internal preamp's L/R signal outputs enter the power amp section. Couldn't the same be done to the Yaquin rather than removing the pre section and reworking the remaining circuity, as I believe you are saying? Namely, would it be possible to disconnect one of the Yaqin's RCA input pairs from the input selector switch and wire the pair directly to the power amp's L/R circuit-path entry points?

All the best...........Carlos
    Last edited by dr.larkos; 06-11-2008 at 15:36.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.larkos View Post
    Thank you Anthony. Just a thought. I own another valve integrated amp made in China (fully designed in Australia), a 38 watt Melody SP3. This amp has two sets of RCA inputs. One set is a true by-pass that allows to connect an external preamp to the internal power amp section of the Melody. Not exactly a jumpered Pre-Out/Power-In set up but, basically, a set of RCA input jacks wired in parallel at the circuitry point where the internal preamp's L/R signal outputs enter the power amp section. Couldn't the same be done to the Yaquin rather than removing the pre section and reworking the remaining circuity, as I believe you are saying? Namely, would it be possible to disconnect one of the Yaqin's RCA input pairs from the input selector switch and wire the pair directly to the power amp's L/R circuit-path entry points?

All the best...........Carlos
    hi DR,
    this would not be possible with the original yaqin circuitry as the first gain stage is directly coupled to the second stage, also, in its standard configuration, if you just removed the preamp stage the gain would be too low, its a bit of an odity, but it works quite well, but its only when you reconfigure the circuitry in a paticular way that the true potential of these amps are recognised.
    anthony...
    Last edited by anthonyTD; 06-11-2008 at 18:00.

Clearly understood, Anthony, many thanks.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'll put some thoughts together and post them tomorrow. Basically, what you should realise is that the power amp section in the Yaqin is where most of its talents lie. The preamp section in comparison is relatively poor quality and more of an 'afterthought', if you see what I mean.

Incidentally, what's your first name?

Marco.
    Greetings, Marco. Did you or have you guys had the chance to compare the Svetlana's KT88 to the Genalex Gold Lyon's (New Issue) in the Yaqin (or in general)?

Best regards................Carlos

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567