+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wot's it worth?

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Yes, not far from you. PM (Private Message sent)
    Ahhh this is nice. I'm not far either! Well, im in central London now but grew up in Enfield ..

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The SC22 is only really of use to collectors and as it's in mint condition, it should fetch a hundred or three (hifi dave sold a slightly tatty one recently and got a couple of hundred for it IIRC).

The MA15 is another matter and it may take a long time to find another single one. I understand that these are the best of the series and valuable because of it. Having said this, in real terms a good modern ss or valve amp would probably eat it alive in the real world out there, despite the Radford being one of the very best of its period. Don't be hard on yourself if you sell it instead of keeping it and waiting for another to come up, there's always a Croft Series 7 instead
    If you don't want the old guy to loose out, even offer him a cut of profit if you sell it on later.

I'm Nobody.

Don't forget that magic word 'MINT' literally does make a mint on auction especially accompanied by high resolution pictures that show it. Honestly ive seen stuff sell for two/three times as much as it's worth by the loverly pictures showing such nice condition.Don't worry about the innards being 50 years old, a serious collector wants all original parts inside.Theres a lot of enthusiasts overseas that use mono systems even so there's always gonna be someone thats looking for that lone 'MA15'..I think you'd be just as happy with a 'STA25' tbh

I'm Anthony.

I'm still none the wiser, really, so a dealer friend in vintage gear (he has no idea either!) tells me that mono systems are very popular in Japan, we've decided to fleabay the MA 15 with worldwide carriage. He often sends gear both east and west. I'll pay his costs and give the old geezer the remainder. As for the SC22, I know how much that is worth approximately and I'll buy that for my STA15/3 and hopefully everyone's happy. Can't be bothered waiting around for something that may not come.

Thanks for all your help. Amp will be 'bayed tomorrow I'm told.

Anthony
    "He who increases knowledge increases sorrow" Live in ignorance and be happy.

I'm Anthony.

It's on the fleabay move.

Anthony.
    "He who increases knowledge increases sorrow" Live in ignorance and be happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12