+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scalford show 6th March 2011

I'm David.

I wonder if I could get my speakers along...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Steve.

Absolutely
    Last year was really enjoyable. So I'll be there...possibly the night before as well.
    Any help needed.. I'll be around

cheers
    Steve

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    ohh.. what fun. Need any help..give us a shout.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Defo, matey - they could be part of the AoS system!

I reckon we'll be using either my Celestions or Anthony's SP1s, as we're doing stand-mounts this year to show just how good a sound you can get from small speakers, so the Adams would be great to slot in there at some point

I could pick you up on the way down

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Do it Hamish, would be great to meet you and buy you a beer (as I know you won't be driving!)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Defo, matey - they could be part of the AoS system!

I reckon we'll be using either my Celestions or Anthony's SP1s, as we're doing stand-mounts this year to show just how good a sound you can get from small speakers, so the Adams would be great to slot in there at some point

I could pick you up on the way down

Marco.
    Cool not have to worry about mine then
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Hi John,

I wouldn't completely rule it out, mate, as it'll depend on whether we can get down to London to pick your babies up or not (as discussed), and also what size of room we end up with

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm ILOB.

Ok cool
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

I'll be there again. It will be good to catch up with a few members I've met from here & to put a few more faces to names!

For anyone that's not made it to the last 2 Scalfords, it is a rather good day out

If anyone fancies showing their own system? I think there's still a few rooms left. Here's the thread to add your name to. Also check out the spreadsheet to see what kit's on show! http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread...te-spreadsheet

As most know, the Wam are running this years show & as a fund raiser one of the members over there has put together a raffle There's some pretty nice prizes to be won, including 3 systems over the 15 or so prizes £1 a ticket with all proceeds going towards the show costs! http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread...er-donating-it!!!!

Oh & stop being a wimp Marco & get the Lockwoods there
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

Alfie - lol! Been there, done that, and never again... It's not you that has to lug the buggers up and down the (very narrow) stairs in my house!

No, this year, unless I can get down to John's place and pick up his OBs (and him) from London before the show, then it'll be quality stand-mount speakers in the AoS room. Worry not though, as we'll (hopefully) still be making a fab sound as usual!

The likely system will be as follows (subject to other members of the mod team or any other members adding their kit):

Turntable: heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G with customised Mike New platter and bearing, Paul Hynes SR5 PSU, Jelco SA750D tonearm and Isonoe feet.

Cartridges: Ortofon Classic GM SPU, Denon DL-103, Shure M3D; the former MCs used with either an A23 SPU SUT or modified Lentek MC head amp.

CD player: either my Audiocom-modded Sony X-777ES, used as a transport, or Anthony TD's Sony X-55ES (or his Eikos) used as a transport, and my Audiocom-modded Sony DAS-R1 as DAC.

Preamplifier: either my modded-Croft Charisma-X, Anthony's Soul Mate, or Ian Walker's transformer-based passive pre, built by Nick G.

Power amplifier: either my 40WPC Class A Copper valve amp or Ian Walker's, or Anthony's Soul Mate single-ended amp.

Loudspeakers: either my Celestion Ditton 15XRs (hopefully with upgraded crossovers by then) or Anthony's SP1s, John's OBs or maybe Hamish's active Adams.

Speaker stands Atacama SL-400, or whatever else is appropriate.

Equipment supports: two separate stacks of 'Phase 4' non-magnetic SS Mana, one of which will support a six-tier rack to house most of the electronics. The other stack will feature a two-tier rack, housing the T/T and power amp.

Cables: Mark Grant Furutech-upgraded DSP 2.5 mains leads, Mark Grant G2000HD interconnect cables (with WBTs), and VDH 'The Wind' speaker cable.

Supplementary ancillaries: Tube Distinctions mains filter (upgraded with Furutech 13A sockets), and mains distribution block from Mark Grant (again upgraded by Furutech 13A sockets).

I'm sure that the likes of Nick (Beechwoods) will add some of his fab tape machines into the equation. A Sony PS3 may also be featured, streaming FLACS from its hard drive and built-in DAC, though a Nick G designed valve buffer stage. It'll depend on whether Ian wants to bring this.

And of course the system can be added to at any time if members coming to the show are bringing their kit with them and would like to hear it on the AoS system. Should that be the case, please confirm your interest here A.S.A.P

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast