+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Keith's system

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Lovely room and system Keith

Are those Ikea Expedits http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60135299/ that you are using for record storage? If so how do the thinner shelves handle the weight of records?

Regards Neil
    Yes Neil, they are Expedits. They are very sturdy and show no flexing under the weight of the records.

On a related note, I've heard IKEA are about to discontinue the Expedit range, so if anyone needs more, now is probably the time to buy. I believe there will be a replacement with the same size 'compartments', so all is not lost.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by keiths View Post
    Yes Neil, they are Expedits. They are very sturdy and show no flexing under the weight of the records.

On a related note, I've heard IKEA are about to discontinue the Expedit range, so if anyone needs more, now is probably the time to buy. I believe there will be a replacement with the same size 'compartments', so all is not lost.
    Good to know cheers

Regards Neil

synsei Guest

Wow Keith I like your style, it puts my listening room to shame. Loving the system too, especially the Lenco

I'm Keith.

Cheers Dave, it's a big change for me. If I ever see another IKEA flat-pack again, it'll be too soon after building up 20 of them over the last 2 weeks.
    Last edited by synsei; 03-12-2013 at 02:24.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keiths View Post
    Cheers Dave, it's a big change for me. If I ever see another IKEA flat-pack again, it'll be too soon after building up 20 of them over the last 2 weeks.
    Bloody 'ell...

p.s. Sorry Keith, hit edit instead of quoting your post

I'm gone.

Lava lamp!

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Lava lamp!
    I luv 'em. I remember very vividly the first time I saw one - an electricals shop in the village (long gone) had a display of them in their window and I always insisted my mum walked me past so I could look at them. This was before I started school, so I guess I was about 3 at the time which would mean it was 1965ish. Never actually owned one until now.
    Keith

Gallery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345