+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulixx's system

I'm Pavel.

Default Pulixx's system

Hi guys,
    I would like to use this thread as an upgrade gallery as I just started with my hifi system. Not that I didn't want to do so earlier. It's just I didn't have enough money first, then our constant moving was a block and then Matsushita shut down Technics manufacture. But finally I managed to buy an almost new MK2 for a fair price (did see better deals, but not local ones).

So the first pic (inspired by this one) shows my two hobbies together, as the living room is still not finished:

As you can see, it is a stock MK2 with Shure M97xE, but already a new cartridge and Achromat are ordered. This website did help me with a lot of decisions and inspired me in upgrading this TT, so more upgrades are to come. Later, when everything will look nicer and will be in place, I will post pics of the second TT (AR EB 101 + Linn Basik + Linn Adikt) and the rest of the system (still without speakers, using just headphones for now).

Cheers,
    Pavel
    Last edited by pulixx; 08-04-2012 at 22:25.

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Pavel and thanks for posting this ...........err.....unique picture!
    Would you mind starting a new thread in the Welcome section in order to introduce yourself to the community. This is a requirement for all new members. Tell us a little about yourself, your gear (past, present & future if possible) and your taste in music.
    thanks a lot.
    That's a great matching pre & power amp by the way! (Did you know the power amp was on it's side & one of the handles is missing from the front?)

I'm John.

That Techie seems to be ...uhmmm....cooking?

I'm Andy.

That pre-amp looks like a cooker!
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    That pre-amp looks like a cooker!
    You are not familiar with the 'Gas' pre-amp range then? That is a Gas Mark 4
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm ChrisB.

You are not familiar with the 'Gas' pre-amp range then....
    You may not know how close that is to the truth!
    GAS - Great American Sound
    The Thaedra pre & Ampzilla MkII power amp from c. 1974

I'm ChrisB.

Anyway Pavel, sorry for all this fooling around.
    It'll be great to see your system coming together as time goes on so please keep posting the photos.

Cheers

I'm Pavel.

No worries, I'm perfectly fine with that. I was afraid you'd think, I'm making fun of this community with that pic
    Achromat arrived today, cartridge coming soon...can't wait!

synsei Guest

Pavel, sell the cooker and buy a Krell, then you can have the very best of both worlds...

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You are not familiar with the 'Gas' pre-amp range then? That is a Gas Mark 4
    Kerr ching!
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast