+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Ripping Guide

I'm Veiko.

Thank you so much guys. I guess I will go with dBpoweramp, since it is a bit cheaper and I will create the master-library.
    I will also borrow the original CD-s from a friend, since a lot of mines are actually copies.

But speaking of me not having to rip anything any more after that, what is your take on the different optical drives?
    What might be the extent of losing quality via bad optical drive, if any? The drive on my desktop is about 10 years old
    (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7220S). I seems to work great but would you ever worry about it?
    I will try to collect information, and read the forum, but I am open for suggestions.
    Thank you!

I'm Grant.

if it works it works imv.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

If you use dBpoweramp (and EAC) your rips can be checked against the http://www.accuraterip.com/ database to ensure integrity - if they are in the database of course.

Other rippers may do the same, but I only use the above two - don't over think this re different optical drives
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    If you use dBpoweramp (and EAC) your rips can be checked against the http://www.accuraterip.com/ database to ensure integrity - if they are in the database of course.

Other rippers may do the same, but I only use the above two - don't over think this re different optical drives
    +1

The two ripping tools Tim mentions give identical results.
    EAC is a bit slower going about its business, and is a bit clunky. It also needs a fair bit of manual set up in respect of plugins.
    dBPoweramp has all the plugins you need packaged with it, performs its task a bit faster, and has a nicer user interface.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Veiko.

Yeah thanks - I have been rocking this dBpoweramp now for few hours and it looks great.
    Thanks again. There is a lot to learn.

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Hi
    For ripping CD's I use E.A.C, or Jet-Audio; For playing CD's and WAV, FLAC or MP3 files I use FOOBAR or Jet Audio; As for Windows Media Player, I just don't like Microsoft in general so I don't use it.

As for digital formats, I'd only use WAV or FLAC. With MP3 I'd only use it for small storage portable players. I'd use the highest bitrate possible (320 stereo or 320 stereo Variable Bit-Rate) and i'd use a slightly lower bit-rate ONLY because I need to save space on a small storage portable player or because the recording isn't of any real importance.

I find most modern Disk Drives (that I've used) all pretty good and there's not much difference between them.
    Last edited by Us-&-Them; 19-01-2023 at 23:11.
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213