+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Ripping Guide

I'm Veiko.

Thank you so much guys. I guess I will go with dBpoweramp, since it is a bit cheaper and I will create the master-library.
    I will also borrow the original CD-s from a friend, since a lot of mines are actually copies.

But speaking of me not having to rip anything any more after that, what is your take on the different optical drives?
    What might be the extent of losing quality via bad optical drive, if any? The drive on my desktop is about 10 years old
    (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7220S). I seems to work great but would you ever worry about it?
    I will try to collect information, and read the forum, but I am open for suggestions.
    Thank you!

I'm Grant.

if it works it works imv.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

If you use dBpoweramp (and EAC) your rips can be checked against the http://www.accuraterip.com/ database to ensure integrity - if they are in the database of course.

Other rippers may do the same, but I only use the above two - don't over think this re different optical drives
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    If you use dBpoweramp (and EAC) your rips can be checked against the http://www.accuraterip.com/ database to ensure integrity - if they are in the database of course.

Other rippers may do the same, but I only use the above two - don't over think this re different optical drives
    +1

The two ripping tools Tim mentions give identical results.
    EAC is a bit slower going about its business, and is a bit clunky. It also needs a fair bit of manual set up in respect of plugins.
    dBPoweramp has all the plugins you need packaged with it, performs its task a bit faster, and has a nicer user interface.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Veiko.

Yeah thanks - I have been rocking this dBpoweramp now for few hours and it looks great.
    Thanks again. There is a lot to learn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213