+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ripping Guide

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Have you tried JRiver?
    I believe they do a Mac version, and IIRC the trial versions are fully featured.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Have you tried JRiver?
    I believe they do a Mac version, and IIRC the trial versions are fully featured.
    JRiver doesn't seem to recognise my mac's dvd drive!
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Andrew.

I think there may be a dvd audio extractor plug in for foobar2000. You would need to get foobar and then the separate plug in, but they are both free.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    I think there may be a dvd audio extractor plug in for foobar2000. You would need to get foobar and then the separate plug in, but they are both free.
    There is a DVD audio plugin for Foobar2000, and it works well.
    Lee is using a Mac, which is why I didn't mention it.
    Chris

I'm Andrew.

Aaahh I see. I didn't know foobar doesn't have a Mac version.

I'm Clive.

Have any of you guys had the following issue with EAC? I have spent some hours trying to copy a CD to flac but EAC keeps coming up with an error message saying that it is unable to compress the wav. file. I copied another CD in the same session which did not have any issues. Out of 700 CD's plus that I have ripped over the last 4-5yrs I have not experienced this before.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    Have any of you guys had the following issue with EAC? I have spent some hours trying to copy a CD to flac but EAC keeps coming up with an error message saying that it is unable to compress the wav. file. I copied another CD in the same session which did not have any issues. Out of 700 CD's plus that I have ripped over the last 4-5yrs I have not experienced this before.
    Is the disc copy protected?
    Which CD is it?
    Chris

I'm Lee.

Good news. I installed the DVD audio extractor demo on my older mac and got the job done.

Cheers
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Good news. I installed the DVD audio extractor demo on my older mac and got the job done.

Cheers
    Chris

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Is the disc copy protected?
    Which CD is it?
    CD is Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" it's a standard CD on the Reprise label.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast