+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Fletcher RIP

I'm Deleted.

Default Tom Fletcher RIP

Sad news, Tom Fletcher of Nottingam Analogue, and later Fletcher Audio, has died.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/vin...93/934374.html
    Account Deleted

I'm ChrisB.

Very sad news.
    It kind of puts squabbling about who did what to who, in relation to bearings, into perspective, doesn't it?

Best wishes to Tom's loved ones.
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 20-10-2010 at 11:59.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Default Tom Fletcher RIP

I just found out Tom ' passed away on monday

Some amazing design's over the years , very sad news

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/vin...93/934374.html
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Very sad ' i love the Spacedeck can't believe i never bought one .

some amazing designs over the years especially the Anna Log.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Neil.

Sad beyond words

Another one of the greats has passed.

D S D L

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

How incredibly sad. Tom had been ill for some time and was a wonderful man, fully deserving of the love and respect that so many of us who knew him had for him.

Don't worry though. NAS as a company has been independant of Tom for some years now and as I understand it, they're going from strength to strength. Fletcher Audio is still finding its feet with the expensive new design(s) Tom had, so there hopefully won't be a problem there..

Despite the Techie Fan Club, I still think that Tom's decks - all of them - were some of the best turntables out there in basic performance, getting as much music off a record as possible with great accuracy and involvement for the listener. I'm sure the Spacedeck and its more sophisticated siblings will be around for a good many years (decades?) to come...

R.I.P Tom - and thank you from the bottom of my heart.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Philip.

Very sad news, we love our Dais.
    R.I.P. Tom
    Main Sys. N.A.S DAIS; 12" Ace Space , Benz Micro Wood SL, Timesteep T-01MC, Quad Platinum DMP, Quad Platinum Pre, FM4,Quad Platinum Stereo, Quad ESL 63, PRC4 RCM, Chord XLR, Mark Grant G1000HD, Black Mamba's. Stax SRM600 SR507
    AVCambridge audio Blu-ray player, Pioneer SC-LX 57 Front 2 channels switched into Quad 606 Powering the ESL63s. Rear powering Celestion Speakers, LFE 2 cheap subwoffers.
    Man-cave Sys. A. GL75, RB300, ZYX R100H, Rega Planer 3, RB200, Rega Carbon Elys II,Quad 34, 606, Tangent RS4.
    Man-cave Sys. B. Revox A77, Akai 400D, Sugdon A48II, JPW Monitors.
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=341
    Classic Sys. Garrard 301, SME M2-9R, Benz Micro Wood SL, Quad Vena, 303, FM3, AM3. ESL 57. Quad II, 22, FM2 Rega Planet. Rega Phono
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=403
    Headphones, Stax SR507 (x2) /SRM600 Limited, Sennhieser HD424, Sennhieser HD558, AKGK105UHF, Beyerdynamic DT 931, Beyerdynamic DT231, Etymotic ER4 micropro.

I'm Paul.

RIP Tom,

I first met Tom in the 1970’s at the Swiss Cottage HiFi show, where we were both exhibiting products alongside FM acoustics and Dynavector, who were also represented by Shawn Quiggley in his demonstration room. I was impressed with Tom’s dedication and the quality of his deck even then, so much so that when I opened my own HiFi retail premises, I featured the Dais as my top deck option for music replay.

I have a Spacedeck now with the omega arm fitted and it has given me great pleasure over the years. Thank you so much for this Tom, I will not forget you. Many will miss you.

My deepest respect and regards,
    Paul
    Paul Hynes Design
    paulhynesdesign.com
    High Performance Power Supply upgrades
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16655

I'm Shaun.

I am indeed saddened.

I met Tom in 1997 and found him to be a gentleman of some regard. That meeting will be something I shall never forget. We had tea and listened to some beautiful early recordings of Joan Baez. I shall miss him.

I'm Dave.

Tom was a really good friend and (dare I say it ?) mentor for nearly thirty years. A genuine, honest all round great guy who spent most of his life designing wonderful products for us all to better appreciate our LP's.

I learnt a huge amount from Tom over the years about analogue replay and I shall miss him terribly. There aren't many like him left.

God bless Tom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast