Closed Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: The Mike New Technics bearing

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Raison d'être

Your link just takes me back to the beginning of this thread, dude... Where's Cawley describing himself as a "guru" in his latest web publications?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

synsei Guest

Oh sowy It appeared as a popup while I was browsing another website a couple of days ago so I can't guarantee it will appear for others because it was probably controlled by a tracking cookie

I will do my best to retrace my steps though...

Ha - it didn't take Cawley long to respond on RD's 'forum'. I thought what I wrote would hit a nerve!

Creepy responds:

Well I'm sorry I am getting to Marco, he needs a happy life as we all do. However in the real world of Hi Fi, AoS isn't my prime target audience and never has been, only I and my accountant know where it really is! So in a nutshell, I'm completely innocent as charged by Marco, guilty of bringing the SL-1200 to the masses and not remotely worried whatever Marco says, simples!
    Getting to me? Not at all, old chap. I think you'll find that it's the other way round. I'm merely making sure that the facts of this sorry situation are out in the open in the public domain, being read by many 100s of people every day all over the world.

As for your "prime target audience", well, we all know who they are: puppets you can mould and control into considering you as a 'Technics guru', and dimwits with more money than sense, who ask no questions, and simply buy whatever it is you tell them is good. Everyone else, i.e. discerning enthusiasts with intelligence, and not insignificant incomes, now avoid you like the plague.

What about people attending the forthcoming Whittlebury Hall hi-fi show (many of whom will be members of the main forums, including here, and so will know all about your dodgy dealings), do you reckon that they'll be your 'sort'??

"I'm completely innocent as charged by Marco".

Yes, we can see that, ho ho!

"...guilty of bringing the SL-1200 to the masses".

Oh FFS, the blind arrogance continues unabated... You honestly believe that deluded shite, don't you? Listen up, sweetheart, and listen real good: Kevin Barrett, of KAB USA (not to mention others) were doing that YEARS before you started wearing Tena pants for men!!

You're simply a no-mark dodgy salesman, who got lucky briefly, masquerading as a 'Technics guru', until you were found out differently. *That* is the truth, so embrace and accept it. You've had your day, and thank goodness it was short lived.

Anyway, when is your graveyard of a forum opening up again, or have you closed it now to save yourself any further embarrassment? If it's a software glitch, then I'd sack your IT department, as it's been down for days!

Oh, incidentally, if you fancy a good laugh, try typing in "Dave Cawley, shyster" into Google, and see what comes up on the same page as your profile on Linkedln:

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&gs_nf...w=1218&bih=512

Never underestimate the power of Google (and the rankings of AoS), Dave. You see, what's written here isn't the exclusive domain of AoS members. I'm sure that this thread will give plenty of others, worldwide, some interesting bedtime reading, perhaps even some of the denizens of Dartmouth

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Oh sowy... It appeared as a popup while I was browsing another website a couple of days ago so I can't guarantee it will appear for others because it was probably controlled by a tracking cookie

I will do my best to retrace my steps though...
    No worries, dude. If you find it again, copy and paste it here for our collective amusement

Marco.
    Main System

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

"...guilty of bringing the SL-1200 to the masses".

Yeah, sure, like with millions of units sold, no one else knew about the things. Dave is smoking some very, very strong stuff. Newsflash Dicey Davey... not everyone who bought a 1200, since they were introduced decades ago, was a DJ or had any intention of becoming one. Newsflash Wavey Davey, the armless version of the 1200 (SL-120MK2) was tailor made for an SME arm with a Techy made SME armboard. Newsflash Scavey Davey, word on the 1200's has been out for a long, long time. No one needed or needs you to justify their purchase. You are not the center of the 1200 world, never have been, never will be. I'd say, "get a clue"; but, with the very strong crack you're on, there's no chance you would if you could.
    Last edited by WOStantonCS100; 07-09-2012 at 19:37. Reason: s & g
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

This is just too funny
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Mike_New Guest

Hi Dave (the sultana man)

Your linky to the thread and posts of nearly 2 years ago reminds me of what started it all.
    For those not familiar with the saga. It was Cawley's attitude to me concerning our embryonic agreement for us to make my Alluminium Platter in the UK, which started it all off. Cawley likes to get his own way, unfortunately he was dealing with someone who would not accommodate him.
    So he decided to do what he did at the time and seemingly still likes to continue doing it!!
    I can only assume that business for him is pretty bad at the moment (as it is for others I understand) and that selling into this very boutique market of SL1200 upgrades is vitally important to him.
    In his enthusiasm to slag off my Bearing he is obviously not doing himself any good at all, but that will not stop Cawley.
    Incidentally I did get one bearing returned from a customer (purchased on his Ebay fire-sale) which had one hole incorrectly spaced. This was replaced with a new one.
    The others emailed me to say they got a good deal and that nothing was wrong with them.

synsei Guest

Hi Mike,

I thought it was worth a reminder because I felt the origins of the situation were getting lost in the fog somewhat.

Frankly I find the whole sorry mess rather sad. DC's actions were totally unwarranted and had he played the game fairly from the beginning both you and he would be benefiting right now. You would have gained a European distributor and he would have reaped the kudos and benefits associated with that role. I'm as annoyed with him for putting his own business at risk as I am for the damage he is attempting to inflict upon yours. The longer he continues this charade the more his reputation suffers. The HiFi scene needs concerns such as Sound HiFi and Timestep but there must be an honest man at the helm. There might be a scintilla of hope for him if he were to swallow his pride and make a public apology, but I fear that particular train may have already left the station...

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    There might be a scintilla of hope for him if he were to swallow his pride and make a public apology, but I fear that particular train may have already left the station...
    Indeed. As far as I'm concerned, if he were to apologise for bad-mouthing me in public, to friends of mine, at a show at Whittlebury Hall a few years back, when I was still a good customer of his (is that how a dealer should treat his customers?) then it would certainly heal that particular wound and go a long way towards him getting an easier ride. What are you supposed to do - sit back and accept that sort of thing?

He should realise that it's because of what HE has done, that is the reason why he's been given this grief, and because people deserve to know exactly what kind of person he is. If you slag your customers off behind their backs, calling them all the names under the sun, when the only thing they've done 'wrong' was praise a competitor's product (in this case a Paul Hynes PSU), and also try to rip people off, as he did so shamefully with Mike, then eventually you will get your comeuppance - and that's precisely what's happened with Cawley. I'm a great believer in Karma.

There has to be a precedent set that such behaviour from members of the industry will not be tolerated, and if found guilty, then they will be brought to account, to prevent others thinking that they might get away with similar skulduggery, and AoS will always exist as a vehicle to ensure that such justice is carried out. We exist as a public information service to support the best interests of the 'punters' and good guys in the audio industry, and as a thorn in the side to the bad guys. Hopefully, DC's learned his lesson now and will amend his behaviour in future - well we can all hope!

However, a public apology from Dave Cawley would all but end the current animosity. Indeed, as far as I'm concerned, it would end it completely if Mike also agreed to accept his apology. Then, there would be no need to mention him here again, certainly in a derogatory sense, unless he deserved it for something else he's done. I would guarantee that, and I'd delete everything negative here that's been written about him, to date, simply because what's done is done, and life's too short to hold grudges forever.

But is he man enough to apologise in public??

My guess is that, he's so arrogant, self-centered, and full of his own importance, that he thinks that it's HIM that's been wronged, not Mike or me (and especially Mike), as he was the real injured party here, so I suspect that we'll be waiting a long time for an apology from Mr Cawley!

However, one can live in hope that he'll see sense, prove me wrong and swallow his fragile ego, for the long-term benefit of everyone.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andrew.

Surely it should be enough just to ignore him?? It will hurt him in the place where he likes to be hurt least of all........... his wallet. I cant be bothered wasting any more time over DC.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast