+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Classical CDs

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Default FS: Classical CDs

I have rather a lot of classical music CDs for sale which i inherited off of my father. The CDs themselves should be in as new condition, he looked after his stuff like i do mine Rather than list the condition of each disc (there are loads ) i'll check the ones out that people express an interest in & let them know.

Some will have non original replacement cases due to me having swiped the case & replaced it with a more worn/battered one. However if the case is at all damaged i'll supply a new case before it/they are dispatched & i'll inform the buyer of this if it's the case (pardon the pun ).

I'm looking for 2.00 + P&P per cd. There are some box sets & these will be priced individually.

In no particular order:-

Berlioz - Harold En Italie Czech Philharmonic (Supraphon)
    Strauss - Ein Heldenleben Don Juan Chicago symphony Orchestra (RCA)
    Strauss - Eine Alpensinphonie Concertgebouw Orchestra/Haitink (Philips)
    Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra/Karajan (Deutche Grammophon)
    Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra/Don Juan Concertgebouw Orchestra/Haitink (Philips)
    Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra Boston Symphony Orchestra/Seiji Ozawa (Philips)
    Brahms - Symphony no4 Haydn Variations London Symphony Orchestra/Staatskapelle Dresden/Claudio Abbado (Deutche Grammophon)
    Haydn - Symphonies 94,96 & 100 Philharmonia Hungarica/Antal Dorati (Decca)
    Strauss - Ainsi Parlait Zarathoustra/Don juan New York Philharmomic Orchestra/Leonard Bernstein (Sony)
    Igor Stravinsky - The Firebird (Suite) London Symphony Orchestra/Claudio Abbado (Deutche Grammophon)

Jeez this is going to take forever I'm getting a beer & i'll be back Maybe... I'm just trying to think if there's an easier way than this
    Last edited by Reid Malenfant; 06-10-2010 at 17:50. Reason: added 2 more for 10 a day
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm drunk.

I presume the several versions of Also Sprach Zarathustra were to allow you to find the best version? I did the same with Toccata & Fugue.

There's probably more yet We'll have to assume father did that trick i guess

I think i'll stick to listing 10 CDs per day, i really couldn't face listing the lot at once
    Bests, Mark

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Hello Mark,

I'll take the Haydn and the Stravinsky please. PM me to advise how you would like to be paid.

Regards
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

Ooooh a punter

Ok Barry, let me check with the local PO on postage costs & i'll get back to you tomorrow By then i'll have probably listed another 10 anyway & you might want more
    Bests, Mark

Ok, 2 sold to Barry & they are in the postal system as of today

So here's the first list (with Barrys buys removed) with an additional 10 more added on, looks like i forgot yesterday to add a daily 10

Berlioz - Harold En Italie Czech Philharmonic (Supraphon)
    Strauss - Ein Heldenleben Don Juan Chicago symphony Orchestra (RCA)
    Strauss - Eine Alpensinphonie Concertgebouw Orchestra/Haitink (Philips)
    Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra/Karajan (Deutche Grammophon)
    Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra/Don Juan Concertgebouw Orchestra/Haitink (Philips)
    Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra Boston Symphony Orchestra/Seiji Ozawa (Philips)
    Brahms - Symphony no4 Haydn Variations London Symphony Orchestra/Staatskapelle Dresden/Claudio Abbado (Deutche Grammophon)
    Strauss - Ainsi Parlait Zarathoustra/Don juan New York Philharmomic Orchestra/Leonard Bernstein (Sony)
    Respighi - Ancient Airs & Dances Philharmonia Hungarica/Antal Dorati (Mercury)
    Dvorak - Overtures (In Natures Realm,Carnival, Othello, My Home, Husitska) Czech Philharmonic Orchestra/Karel Ancerl (Supraphon)
    Dvorak - Symphony No5 in F Major Op76 & The Water Goblin Scottish National Orchestra/Neeme Jarvi (Chandos)
    Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on Greensleeves, Serenade to Music, English Folk Song Suite, The Wasps, Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis, The Lark Ascending. London Symphony, London Philharmonic, New Philharmonic Orchestras (HMV)
    Vivaldi - The Four Seasons concerto No1 - 4 Nigel Kennedy English Chamber Orchestra (EMI)
    Dvorak - Symphony No.6 Symphonic variations London Symphony Orchestra/Istvan Kertesz (Decca)
    Dvorak - Symphony No.8, Carnival Overture, The Wood Dove. Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra/Rafael Kubelik (Deutche Grammophon)
    Dvorak - Symphony No.9 From The New World Amsterdam Philharmonic Orchestra/Arpad Joo (comes in a round painted tin) (Pilz)
    Berlioz - Symphonie Fanrtastique, Romeo & Juliette. Boston Symphony Orchestra/Seiji Ozawa (Deutche Grammophon)
    Strauss - Ein Heldenleben. Cleveland Orchestra/Vladimir Ashkenazy (Decca)

Bests, Mark

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'll take the Respighi - Ancient Airs & Dances, Philharmonia Hungarica/Antal Dorati (Mercury), please Mark.

Cheers
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Damian.

Dvorak - Overtures (In Natures Realm,Carnival, Othello, My Home, Husitska) Czech Philharmonic Orchestra/Karel Ancerl (Supraphon)
    Dvorak - Symphony No5 in F Major Op76 & The Water Goblin Scottish National Orchestra/Neeme Jarvi (Chandos)
    Vivaldi - The Four Seasons concerto No1 - 4 Nigel Kennedy English Chamber Orchestra (EMI)
    Dvorak - Symphony No.6 Symphonic variations London Symphony Orchestra/Istvan Kertesz (Decca)
    Dvorak - Symphony No.8, Carnival Overture, The Wood Dove. Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra/Rafael Kubelik (Deutche Grammophon)
    Dvorak - Symphony No.9 From The New World Amsterdam Philharmonic Orchestra/Arpad Joo (comes in a round painted tin) (Pilz)
    Berlioz - Symphonie Fanrtastique, Romeo & Juliette. Boston Symphony Orchestra/Seiji Ozawa (Deutche Grammophon)

I'll have the above please - if still available
    Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'll take the Respighi - Ancient Airs & Dances, Philharmonia Hungarica/Antal Dorati (Mercury), please Mark.

Cheers
    Not a problem Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdgdg View Post

I'll have the above please - if still available
    Also not a problem

What i'll do is stick them to one side for now as i'll be listing some more today & you both might want more
    Bests, Mark

I'm Damian.

I dont suppose there are any Bruckner cd's waiting to be listed????
    Damian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast