+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BT I-Plate

I'm Jerry.

Default BT I-Plate

I sent off to Amazon for one of these as my broadband can be a bit flaky-I get rebuffering problems with my Squeezebox Touch. Reading on the internet about it made me think it was what I needed;my main socket is down stairs and the router is upstairs at the opposite end of the house, the long crappy cable inbetween causes problems.
    So my reason for fitting it wasn't broadband speed, which is a respectable 7.9 M/bps and an upload speed of 0.7M/bps. I was therefore surprised and chuffed to see its increased to 12.29 and 0.86M/bps.
    It says that it may take up to two weeks to get the full benefit so I will let you know if there is any further improvement.
    They cost less than £6 and take about one minute to fit. Worth thinking about if your broadband is iffy.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Good to know,I have one on it's way from ebay.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

This is interesting, there are so many different things (well they look it to me ) that are listed on ebay under BT I plate that i have no idea which is the beastie in question
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm David.

what is it
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Nick.

Its a ADSL face plate with built in microfilter.

Now next time someone tells you how cables can't possibly make a difference in the digital realm...
    Nick.

Can anyone supply a pic of what it is i'm looking for? Or better yet a link to one on fleabay

Still using an external micro filter here, would be nice not to have wires & boxes dangling all over
    Bests, Mark

I'm Clive.

TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Can anyone supply a pic of what it is i'm looking for? Or better yet a link to one on fleabay

Still using an external micro filter here, would be nice not to have wires & boxes dangling all over
    You'll still need the external filter on any telephones you have.

The iPlate is the bit in the middle in this picture http://www.thinkbroadband.com/images...late-large.jpg
    It attenuates RF apparently - all I'll say is that it increased my DSL speed by 300%+.
    If your socket is badged Openreach you don't need an iPlate - it's already built into the socket.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Clive.

Found this description on Amazon:

Product Description
    Solwise Description - Standard domestic telephone wiring uses three wires to carry the signal between the master socket and the extensions. Two of these wires come from the outside and are connected directly to your local telephone exchange. The third wire is generated in your master socket and carries the 'bell' signal which is used to ring some old-fashioned telephones when someone calls you. If you have an ADSL service with each phone connected to a micro-filter then the bell-wire is completely redundant since a bell signal is generated in each micro-filter for the few phones which still need it. Now, unfortunately, this bell-wire tends to cause some degradation to the ADSL signal as it travels about your house. The Solwise solution to this problem would be to detach the front section of your master socket and disconnect the bell-wire(s) (from pin 3) and re-fit the faceplate. The BT solution is called the iPlate! This device places a filter on the bell-wire (which remember is not required!). (The best solution for ADSL wiring is based on a centralised master faceplate splitter such as our ADSL-NTEFACE models, please consider this option if you have ADSL signal quality issues.)
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    You'll still need the external filter on any telephones you have.

The iPlate is the bit in the middle in this picture
    Cheers Chris, thanks for the pic & information

& thanks to Clive to
    Bests, Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast