+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiny Totem arros

I'm Mike.

Default Tiny Totem arros

Looking at the Totem arros, for no particular reason, just the fact that they're small, and hence that means a smaller sound?? Wanna try and extinguish this dreaded bass boom without all the room treatment malarkey. They size up at only 85cm tall, and 13cm wide (+18cm deep). hard to believe such a narrow speaker would actually remain stable enough to play music without distortion! I get on ok with the Lintons, in fact I really like them, but the boom really disappoints with a fair amount (but not all) music. Arros retails at £1800, a lot of dosh for a pair of matchsticks? I did try Neative Motive Sx2 once, but found them a bit strident. I prefer the 'wider' more open sound of the Lintons.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well they certainly get good reviews. Is there a Totem agent near you, so you could try out a pair in your own room?
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Audio T and Sevenoaks are both agents for Totem Arro, and both have branches near you.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Audio T and Sevenoaks are both agents for Totem Arro, and both have branches near you.
    Thanks Barry, but after searching their websites, nothing found under 'Totem arro'.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Adam.

If you're buying Totem Arros expecting a 'smaller' sound, you;re going to be disappointed! How Totem manage to get such a big and expansive sound from pretty much all of their loudspeakers is a mystery to me.

I suspect some sort of witchcraft or the involvement of the dark lord Lucifer himself, but I don't really care as I haven't heard a bad pair yet.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread