+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Yamaha NS1000M based speakers and stands.

I'm Ken.

Default FS: Yamaha NS1000M based speakers and stands.

For sale (reluctantly) are my Yamaha NS1000M based speakers, external XO and stands, I need the space.

Price £1200

Collection only (Carlisle).

Beautiful unmarked cabinets in real wood Satin finish.
    These are no ordinary NS1000M, they are far superior and I would say, better than NS2000, as anyone who has heard them at NEBO meetings will confirm.
    Only the highest quality components and materials have been used.
    Completely rebuilt, way to much to describe, so check out the project on my blog here: https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/YamRev_HTML/YamRev_Thumbs.html

I'll give a summary of what they consist of.
    New cabinets 55L sealed cabinets, to suit replacement 12" Scanspeak bass drivers, these take the stock f3 of 52 Hz down to 33Hz and produce better quality bass.
    They are semi active, the Mid/Twt has a passive XO that is an upgraded Troels Grevesen kit.
    The Bass driver uses an external, Marchand Electronics, analogue active crossover, this has also been upgraded, with 1% PP caps, Takman resistors, better op amps etc.
    Because of this split crossover set up, they have to be Bi amped, I use a PrimaLuna EL34 tube amp for Mids/Twts and Nord Class D for Bass, these are not included in the sale. They require just a single pair of RCA outputs on your Pre Amp, I will include the leads that make this connection to the external XO. Speaker leads are not included.
    I have spent about three times the asking price in perfecting the design and they look/work superb. I can demo them at pick up in Carlisle if required, I recommend this, as you will be blown away by the sound they produce.
    These are a bargain and very much priced to sell.

Left Speaker

Right Speaker

One of the internal Passive Crossovers, the Twt series cap is Mundorf Silver in Oil

External Active Crossover

Principle of my set up using these speakers

I'm mick.

I can vouch for the sound quality of these as I have heard them at a NEBO meet
    Someone is in for an absolute bargain

GLWS
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Steve.

Look great, sound wonderful. I know you have (rightly) agonised over this sale, so someone needs to be quick before you change your mind
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mika.

If only shipping would be an option..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Kev.

Like your work!!

I'm Vince.

These are a fantastic job. I'd love to hear them.....someone is getting a lovely pair of speakers.
    GLWS

I'm Ken.

Thanks folks.
    Yes, posting is not an option, they are very heavy and without any boxes/packing inserts.
    They are at least 50% heavier than my 20kg (each) Canton CT-1000 speakers, probably more.
    With rapidly developing arthritis, I struggle to move them these days.
    For full details of the build, follow the link in my 1st post.
    There's five years work gone into perfecting the set up and I'm very happy with the result.
    Compared with stock NS-1000m they have deeper bass, richer mids and smoother less forward top end.
    This also makes them more Amp friendly, in as much as they are not as fussy, when pairing them.
    Ask yourself, what could I get new for £1200 and would it sound anywhere near as good as these?

I'm Ken.

SOLD Subject to payment.

I'm Ken.

+ Reply to Thread