+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canton CT-1000/2 Three way Speakers

I'm Ken.

Well I will hope to be at NEBO 15 as well.
    I've been to every one bar the first one, as I didn't know about it until I saw a write up on here.
    Joe will be well on with my Monoblocks, looking forward to that pairing.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes they sounded very good together.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm mick.

Looks like you've done ok there Ken

Let me know if you rebuild the xovers,do not know to do mine or leave well enough alone ,they are almost 40yrs old but they still sound good, especially with my 10w el84 mono's

cheers Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by mik_rik View Post
    Looks like you've done ok there Ken

Let me know if you rebuild the xovers,do not know to do mine or leave well enough alone ,they are almost 40yrs old but they still sound good, especially with my 10w el84 mono's

cheers Mick
    Hi Mick,
    Well they're very shiny!
    They sound good to, so like you I am tempted to leave the crossovers alone.

I noticed the binding posts are just white metal and the internal hook up wire is just single strand bell wire, those are likely candidates for improvement, without harm.

There are a few variations around for the crossover, I don't know which I have as yet. One type has a separate protection circuit PCB mounted in one corner of the XO board.
    The Tweeter series Cap, is a basic MKT Polyester Film Cap on most pictures and schematics I've seen. A decent Film cap here, or even a Foil, should not adversely affect the voicing, but should smooth and clean up the top end, not that its poor to start with.
    The resistors are basic items, Jantzen Superes or mills MRA could replace these without upsetting things and maybe take a smidge of grain out.
    The inductors seem fine and I would be tempted to leave the other Electro Caps alone.

These are only thoughts at present, till I get the Monoblocks and have a good listen, I'm not sure what, if anything, I'll do.
    I might just pull the XO's and draw up the circuit I have installed. Maybe measure some of the parts, I can measure ESR on the Electro Caps at 3 set frequencies, using DATS (Dayton Audio Test system). Might be worth doing, in case they ever fail or go off spec and need replacing (presuming they are still in spec).
    I can measure the inductors for wire gauge, inductance and DCR.
    Or I might just leave well alone, it's early days, I'm not rushing in on these.

I'm Steve.

Gots ta say, i was blown away by these at NEBO bt these muthaz.

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Gots ta say, i was blown away by these at NEBO bt these muthaz.
    I think we were all surprised by them Steve, hence the lengths I went to, to secure a pair.
    Mick (mik-rik) keeps surprising us that way, wonder what he'll bring next time.

I'm mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    I think we were all surprised by them Steve, hence the lengths I went to, to secure a pair.
    Mick (mik-rik) keeps surprising us that way, wonder what he'll bring next time.
    Hi Ken
    trying to get the wife to come - I like rock music , but her choices will definately blow the cobwebs away,and Im not joking
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Look forward to the next one. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Peter.

Hi Ken.

The Cantons look fantastic! My sort of speaker ... I guess they work nicely close to a wall?

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by mik_rik View Post
    Hi Ken
    trying to get the wife to come - I like rock music , but her choices will definately blow the cobwebs away,and Im not joking
    Well that would make a refreshing change, not enough rock played in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast