+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Use of AI in hifi research

I'm Geoff.

Default Use of AI in hifi research

I've been using the Co-Pilot AI app recently. I've been very impressed with its response to questions based on my professional expertise in health economics. Most recently I've been testing it with some questions about hi-fi. Again, I've been very surprised by its responses. Below is one example.

You: Is there a modern valve amp similar to the Rogers Cadet 3?
    Copilot: Finding a modern valve amplifier that matches the characteristics of the classic Rogers Cadet 3 can be a bit challenging due to the unique qualities and sound profile of vintage equipment. However, enthusiasts often discuss alternatives that may offer a similar warm and visceral sound quality. For instance, some suggest looking for amplifiers that use readily available tubes and have a design inspired by vintage models1. Its worth noting that the ECL86 tubes used in the Rogers Cadet are becoming scarce and expensive, which is why many existing amps have been modified1. If you’re looking for a modern amp with a similar sound to the Cadets, you might consider options that prioritize a warm, 3D, and visceral sound quality, even if they don’t use the exact same tubes. For a budget under £2,000, you may find modern tube amps that aim to replicate the ‘in the room’ experience that the Cadet series was known for. It’s advisable to listen to a few options to find one that resonates with your personal taste, as the subjective nature of sound can greatly influence your preference. Checking out audio forums and communities can also provide valuable insights from other audiophiles who have sought similar sound experiences.

Spooky!

I'm Lawrence.

Better advice than 80pc of the posts on hifi forums (present company excluded of course )

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Better advice than 80pc of the posts on hifi forums (present company excluded of course )

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk
    As a former Cadet 3 owner I doubt if I could have better encapsulated the characteristics of the amp.

+ Reply to Thread