+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Croft Integrated Amp

I'm Chris.

Default Wanted - Croft Integrated Amp

Anyone ?

I'm Chris.

I guess everyone loves their Croft - but just in case ... if you lovely people do have one give me a nudge.

I'm Dave.

I recently sold a large amount of Croft I had in stock. It all went quickly, most at full retail and if I had more it would have gone the same way. Croft was great kit.

What I would say is be very careful what you buy, as a lot of s/h Croft has been bodged by various owners. Some of it has gone through several hands with everyone believing they know best and diving in with their soldering irons. Check thoroughly before purchase.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I recently sold a large amount of Croft I had in stock. It all went quickly, most at full retail and if I had more it would have gone the same way. Croft was great kit.

What I would say is be very careful what you buy, as a lot of s/h Croft has been bodged by various owners. Some of it has gone through several hands with everyone believing they know best and diving in with their soldering irons. Check thoroughly before purchase.
    It's so sad about Glenn. But yes, this highlights a point, I would rather have an original unmolested Croft even with the inconvenience of having both the volume controls - Glenn was quite genius enough to create a great sound without much further tinkering.

I'm Lawrence.

He did make single volume pot pres on request so having one doesn't mean it's been molested.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Dave.

He did but very few as the twin pot thing wasn't really such a chore.

What concerns me are the ones which have been bodged by owners putting in 'higher quality' components with the attendant problems.

I'm Chris.

He did but very few as the twin pot thing wasn't really such a chore.

What concerns me are the ones which have been bodged by owners putting in 'higher quality' components with the attendant problems.
    Thanks again - I guess single pot as installed by Croft doesn't matter so much but - funnily enough - I would slightly prefer the twin-pot variant.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    Thanks again - I guess single pot as installed by Croft doesn't matter so much but - funnily enough - I would slightly prefer the twin-pot variant.
    Out of the hundreds and hundreds of Croft amps I sold over the decades, you could count the number of single pot hobbies on two hands.

I usually let the prospective customer twiddle with the twin pots and if they didn't like them, we would order a single pot variation. But as I said, the large majority would go for twin pots because they were easy to use and gave a balance facility.

Hope you find one soon.

I'm Keith.

Can’t help with the OP’s request but I have a Croft super modded pre formerly owned by The Black Adder of this parish, single volume pot, coupled with a Croft series 3OTL. Both were recently serviced by Dave Hunter at Classic Valve Amps. He repaired the fault with the phono stage and installed some rca red base valves in the phono stage. Changes I asked for included replacing Glenn’s toggle switch with some push operated and the captive mains lead on the otl with an input socket. He tested all the spare valves I had and discarded all the weak valves. On completion and bench testing he informed me that he didn’t want to return it to me as he liked it that much. (The combination)

I'm Mike.

Deco Audio do single pot and remote control conversions on Croft amps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast