If you had a feeling that someone has been lurking out of shadow for past....14 years...that might be me.
Somehow I haven't never introduce myself here, altough I have been oftens reading various threads.
Some of them have helped me to choose a thing or two. For instance a SPU GT/e that Marko had long time ago. Now I have 4 of SPU's, one of them is GT/e.
Well, back to introduction:
I am 51 year old Croatian who works in Austria as an Train driver.
Avid music lover, but not an music expert. Must confese that I am also an benign audiophile in sense that I love when something sounds good, but can also enjoy music out of notepad.
The system isn't nothing to write home about it, but also not a slouch either.....
Okay, enough with modesty. I have system that I love to the core!

It consists of Denafrips Ares 2 as a digital front end. Good enough for me.
Analog starts with DIY turntable based od Lenco L75 motr and idler wheel on PTP plates in DIY plinth made of sheets of baltic birch and aluminium. Tonearm is Alfred Bokrands 12" banana, Carts are SPU's - one GT/e as mentioned, two Alnico based motors and modern cantilevers and rocks and one old SPU A.
With separate electronics for motor speed menagment - made by PTP audio. Also an stacked platters, SPH bearing and all the things all cool kids in school have on their DIY TT's.
Phono pre is Pass XP-17. Nothing to say that isn't already said on this unit.
Preamplifier is ZM Labs with autoformer potentiometer called Iron Turtle and power amp is also from ZM Labs called LuDEF. It is one box, dual mono 30 watts per chanel class A best kept secret in high class audio (As well as the Iron Turtle).
You might know what I am talking about if you are frequent on Diyaudio site.
Speakers are Tannoy Monitor Gold 15 in MLTL enclosures. Drivers are refurbished to state of new and speakers also have custom made x-overs.
All cables are self made along the thoughts writen in sadly late Allan Wright's book - Foils and/or thinnest silver you can find.
Music?
At last!
Yes, I do listen to music also!
Raised on Rock and it's variations, then I have discovered Blues, along came the Jazz and classical was always there since my music teacher in elementary school introduced me, to say, Smetana, Beethoven, Chopin, Verdi and the likes, but untill adulthood I haven't start to buy classical records.

Of course as I come from part of Croatia where people talk Croatian and am working in part of Austria where people talk aust.....ehm....german, It might be, while writing all of that, as humorous as I intented to be, I was even more laughable at then I thought!

Oh yes, why am I introducing me now?
Because I was denied to enter the forum. Most likely because I haven't make any trace of my existence since 2010 when I was registered here.
You see, I am not an avid "forumer" ready to talk about things I don't know enough to be valuable in conversation, so I limit myself to reading post written by more competent people than I am.

For the end, here's a picture I tooked right now just to send it to forum:

[IMG][/IMG]