+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: Speaker isolation feet

I'm Phil.

Default WTD: Speaker isolation feet

My speakers are now on wall shelves rather than dedicated stands, so I could do with some isolation feet for them - ideally something that doesn't need to be stuck to the bottom of the speaker, and nothing too big or flashy.

Thanks!

I'm Steve.

I always have some of these knocking about. They are only just sticky enough to attach to speakers or support, and won't harm finishes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195090475...Bk9SR-rvksXCYw

Less than a fiver for 100, so will last forever. Even cheaper, go into a local glazing suppliers and smile sweetly at them, they'll probably give you a few.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    My speakers are now on wall shelves rather than dedicated stands, so I could do with some isolation feet for them - ideally something that doesn't need to be stuck to the bottom of the speaker, and nothing too big or flashy.

Thanks!
    I use these under my my Wilson Benesch Vectors instead of the spike and it brings soundstage in to better focus, and more bass detail and control. Considering the cost well worth it.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bigfoot-Iso...s%2C106&sr=8-4
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Kevin.

How heavy are the speakers?
    ISO-Pucks are worth looking at.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Phil.

The speakers are about 9kg each.

I'm Martin.

I use these washing machine isolators - they do a perfect job of it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VIBIRIT-Vib...M3/ref=sr_1_3?

Look like they are part of the speaker, too.

Also useful to get a bit of extra ventilation room between stacked components that don't have proper Japanese feet.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Phil.

These look just the job. Thanks, Martin

I'm Michael.

I have used these throughout. https://soundeck.bigcartel.com/produ...eet-round-50mm they made expensive, but they really work well

I'm Kevin.

A set of Iso-Puck minis would be perfect. Each puck supports 2.75Kg.
    I use the bigger Iso-Pucks under my floor standing speakers and the improvement was worth the investment.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread