+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For March!

I'm Steve.

Lot of sunshine this morning, but that wind is a bit chilly. Hopefully the rain will stay away as I have a guy coming over later to fix the van AGAIN, as another fuel pipe has ruptured, pissing diesel onto the drive AGAIN. Last week the repair cost £60, this time it'll be £250 for the part alone Starting to think I'd be better off stopping work completely and selling the Vito, but who'd be daft enough to buy it? I mean apart from me?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robin.

5c and cloudy this morning, with rain expected later
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Lot of sunshine this morning, but that wind is a bit chilly. Hopefully the rain will stay away as I have a guy coming over later to fix the van AGAIN, as another fuel pipe has ruptured, pissing diesel onto the drive AGAIN. Last week the repair cost £60, this time it'll be £250 for the part alone Starting to think I'd be better off stopping work completely and selling the Vito, but who'd be daft enough to buy it? I mean apart from me?
    Market is strong for Merc vans right now you might be surprised.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

9C and cloudy.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's Nature's way of telling you to retire Steve.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Overcast here and 6C

Sunny with showers later, according to the forecast. No traditional Easter bank holiday heatwave this year, regrettably.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

On the plus side the clock go forward tomorrow so my watch will show the correct time again.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's Nature's way of telling you to retire Steve.
    I think you're right Barry, and that day is coming... but the very idea of closing the door on that part of my life fills me with dread. Running costs of that van are such that I need to average one day a week of working to keep it on the road, and Martin's comment about current van prices is something to think about, but I just can't face the thought of having folk round kicking tyres and potential after-sale grief.

I do actually have a second, older van (Anita's van really) that I could use, but we have vague plans to make it into a campervan.

We currently have 2 vans, a car and 3 motorcycles, and that's really too much. A bit of a headache really.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I think you're right Barry, and that day is coming... but the very idea of closing the door on that part of my life fills me with dread. Running costs of that van are such that I need to average one day a week of working to keep it on the road, and Martin's comment about current van prices is something to think about, but I just can't face the thought of having folk round kicking tyres and potential after-sale grief.

I do actually have a second, older van (Anita's van really) that I could use, but we have vague plans to make it into a campervan.

We currently have 2 vans, a car and 3 motorcycles, and that's really too much. A bit of a headache really.
    I can put you in contact with some dealers, trade sale, no comebacks.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I can put you in contact with some dealers, trade sale, no comebacks.
    Thanks Mart, I will take you up on that, but not just yet. I do have a number of jobs coming up, and also I will need to make the van a bit more sorted so I can sell with a clear conscience

Only trouble is, you go "Right I'll get the thing fettled then sell it", then what happens is "It's all sorted now, so I'll keep it"

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast