+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audio quest Red Dragonfly - best use

I'm Robin.

Default Audio quest Red Dragonfly - best use

I’ve just come across a product which I had forgotten I owned.

I think I bought when I was still working , probably to contact to my IPhone and headphones.

As I don’t really use headphones that much apart from going on holiday, so I’m thinking should I just put it up for sale or can anyone suggest another use for it .
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

decent little things for use with phones etc.. might be worth keeping in case you start using cans etc more
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    decent little things for use with phones etc.. might be worth keeping in case you start using cans etc more
    Thanks Grant, was thinking along those lines, currently I don’t use headphones that much but was thinking of buying of buying some for use using with my IPhone, IPad or my IMac , would only be occasionally use now that I have dedicated listening room.

Any suggestions of good sounding and good value headphones.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

i use focals when wired, but i think the fiio ones at under 300 are good. if i didnt have the focals i'd probably get the 32 ohm version of those. nice build
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

i use focals when wired, but i think the fiio ones at under 300 are good. if i didnt have the focals i'd probably get the 32 ohm version of those. nice build
    They look nice, might need to think about how much I would use them at that price.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    They look nice, might need to think about how much I would use them at that price.
    good quality costs a bit in cans. you can get cheaper that are good tho..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stuart.

I realise that this is going off track somewhat, but back in the day I had a Dragonfly plugged in to the USB on my Raspberry Pi (streamer) and then 3.5mm/twin RCA to my amp.
    Somewhat ungainly if straight into one of the USB sockets (and crying out to be hidden from sight!), but somewhat better when I used a short USB cable.
    Probably of absolutely no interest, but just thought I’d mention it.
    The DF seems to sell well on the used market.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoseley View Post
    I realise that this is going off track somewhat, but back in the day I had a Dragonfly plugged in to the USB on my Raspberry Pi (streamer) and then 3.5mm/twin RCA to my amp.
    Somewhat ungainly if straight into one of the USB sockets (and crying out to be hidden from sight!), but somewhat better when I used a short USB cable.
    Probably of absolutely no interest, but just thought I’d mention it.
    The DF seems to sell well on the used market.
    Thanks Stuart, at the moment not sure if I will be keeping it, unless I find some headphones at the right price, we are going on holiday in a couple of days, so will a think about it when are away.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Thanks Stuart, at the moment not sure if I will be keeping it, unless I find some headphones at the right price, we are going on holiday in a couple of days, so will a think about it when are away.
    enjoy your trip
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

enjoy your trip
    Cheers Grant, looking forward to it but currently suffering from a chest infection and on antibiotics and steroids, second dose
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread