+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tannoy - RFC Crossovers - User reviews / feedback sought

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Are these third party crossovers new circuits, or the same circuit as provided by Tannoy but using components of superior quality, or even different values?

Just asking, I have no skin in the game, but am curious over the perceived partisanship being displayed here.
    Barry

I'm Josie.

The Mainly Tannoy ones are generally the same circuit/original circuit but with decent quality components. I did notice some circuit differences but they're good value for those who want to either do a simple upgrade from the old units or take it further by doing A/B comparison with a more professionally custom made unit. They are upgradable too which is good for some. The sound from the mid-range version I tried a few years ago were surprising and would be fine for most. But the problem that can happen with listening to these old Tannoys (like anything Hi-Fi) is that once you've heard them, curiosity to want more can get the better of you. lol
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12