+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passive Pre or kit recommendation?

I'm Steve.

Default Passive Pre or kit recommendation?

I'm looking for a passive Pre, ideally from a smaller name company or indeed as a high-end kit. I already have a passive (Audio Synthesis Passion Pro) but am tempted to try another - possibly dual mono. Budget around £600

After some research the Khozmo Acoustic one seems pretty decent (https://khozmo.com/product/dualmono-...ector-rca-xlr/). But I'd be interested in suggestions for any alternatives.

Thanks!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Good choice, but I wouldn't want or need the LED volume indication. The version I would go for would be the dual mono with input selector for three sources.

(I would also be interested in the XLR connector version - but it is not clear to me if such a device is fully balanced.)
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Thanks Barry. I certainly don't need two huge great LED arrays on the front, that's for sure. They feel like the kind of things that look great on the website but would become tiresome after day two. ;-)

The dual-mono with input selector sounds like a good plan (and cheaper) but afaict from the website (https://khozmo.com/product/dualmono-...or-rca-or-xlr/) there are no build-configuration options for technical design (shunt / ladder) or resistor types, as there is with the remote version that has the LEDs up front? I'm not sure how important those are in sonic terms.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by steveharman View Post
    Thanks Barry. I certainly don't need two huge great LED arrays on the front, that's for sure. They feel like the kind of things that look great on the website but would become tiresome after day two. ;-)
    You mean it would take that long? You must be very tolerant

I'm Kevin.

Have a look at Hattor as well, the upmarket version of Khozmo.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread